Ænimus

Ænimus
Reaction score
Want to tryout for Ænimus??
Current mood:
scared.gif
anxious
Category: Music
Hey guys hows it going? As you probably know, we are looking for more members to complete Ænimus. First we must say that Ænimus is a very serious band and we are only looking for serious musicians with the drive, dedication and heart to make it in this crazy ass music scene. We are looking for musicians with band experience; we all have been in a band together for many years and have tons of show and tour experience. If you don't have any experience or very little you can still try out and we encourage it, but in order for us to consider you, you will have to be pretty damn good.

Now down to business, we are looking for two more guitarists and a drummer. So all you guitarists out there, we need you to have pro gear, we aren't talking about any combo amps or first act guitars and if that is all you have then you will have to upgrade before we can consider letting you tryout let alone be in the band. We play 7 string guitars, we know that not everyone has one of these lying around, so for now if you only have a six string you will have to tune down to drop A to play with us, until you can get a 7 string. If you end up joining the band and you can't get a 7 string guitar then when the time comes we can front the money to get one, but you will be responsible for reimbursing the band. You're probably thinking two more guitarists, what about Jash? Ænimus is a three guitar band, we decided that three guitars would be best for our style and allows for more dynamics and elaboration of writing and most of all our live shows will sound more like the album due to doubling up on guitars in the studio.

Drummers! The same goes to you, we need a drummer with pro gear, we can't allow the backbone of the band to have a kit that is falling apart or sounds like shit. We are looking for a drummer that can play with a click track, if you can't then don't bother trying out, you won't make it. You might think that this is pretty harsh but the fact is we need a drummer that can stay on time and keep a solid temp during our live shows, and also it will save us money and time in the studio. We are only looking to try out drummers with a background in metal. All drummers must be able to do double kick and blast at extreme speeds for a good amount of time. If blasting isn't your style that is okay, but you will be asked to do it in some situations. If you don't do double bass then don't try out. We understand that not all drummers agree with triggering, but the fact of the matter is that if you don't use triggers during a live show then at most venues the audience can't hear your double bass and blasting, so triggers are very much important to get a good drum sound. If you are 100% against triggers, that is alright but it is your responsibility to purchase or have drum mics for any given situation that we would need them.

With all that being said here is how you try out. We need you to email us all your information to aenimusmetal@gmail.com This includes musical background, age, if you are going to school, where you are located, would you be willing relocate in the future, do you have transportation, do you have a job, prior experience in bands, biggest influences, gear, contact information and whatever else you would like to include.

Once we receive all of your info we will send you everything you need to try out with further instructions.

Thanks, good luck and have fun!!!

Ænimus

You can listen to us @
Ænimus on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
Ænimus | Santa Rosa, CA | Metal / Deathcore / Progressive | Music, Lyrics, Songs, and Videos | ReverbNation
http://www.myspace.com/aenimusofficial/blog#ixzz0yuDkgPRl

chubby-ol-gangster-core

Reaction score
im not even 18, and i live in the central valley, but i can play 6 and 7 string. and all i listen to is deathmetal and deathcore. i'd love to try out and would send you guys a demo video. i also have most the gear i need. peavey practice amp, and a 6505+ halfstack. i dont have a 7 string atm but i ordered one and should have it soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ziricote

Reaction score
Is this same band just signed with Nuclear Blast record deal?