1/3 NGD! EBMM

• Thread starter S-O
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
One of three NGD, one later tonight and one whenever it gets here! This is the only 7 of the three though.

This is my first EBMM JP, and I am into it. I was a hater when they were first announced, because I was still an Ibanez fanboi. But if all of them are like this, man, JPs rule.

This thing is brand new, and right out of the box plays like a champ. Probably will wear these strings out and put a new set on for whatever tuning I feel like putting this is.

I went for this one because of the SS frets and ebony board. The piezo is dope, haven't gotten a chance to play on it too terribly much, and only through my poopy practice amp, but I can see myself having a lot more fun with that than I thought

Now maybe one day I'll be convinced to try a Majesty :ugh:

2015-05-06%2014.01.54.jpg

2015-05-06%2014.02.02.jpg

2015-05-06%2014.02.57.jpg

2015-05-06%2012.47.44.jpg

also, how does one use the BB code for img to show dropbox pictures? They don't seem to work!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Wizard! Teach me your ways.

I downloaded each image, uploaded them to TinyPic, then put image tags on the direct link to the picture.

I don't know much about DropBox, I've never really used it, but I don't think it works with image tags because it's not a direct link to the picture, it's a link to the page where the picture is up for downloading.

I just uploaded all 4 to TinyPic and copied the direct image link and tagged it on here.

No matter which iteration of the DropBox link I used, I always got an error using tags, so I just used the next best option.

HNGD, btw.

Tyler

Reaction score
The Majesty is actually super comfortable, and mine literally weighs like 4 lbs. Now that you have a JP, theres no going back. We all end up getting more

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Yeah, I can't imagine majesty being that bad if Mr Petrucci plays it and designed it.

For some reason the Majesty does not come across well over the internet. Pics, video's, and advertisements all fail to do it justice from an appearance point of view. Its a small guitar that weighs much less than you would think and, while the neck is different from the JP model, I can not say one plays better than the other; they just feel a little different. :2c:

Last edited:

pushpull7

Banned
Reaction score
I had a majesty for a short period of time. Best playing guitar EVER! Great sounding too :cool:

But mine wouldn't stay in tune no matter what strings I used or what tricks I used and apparently, the only way to adjust the intonation is to remove the trem (the ashtry type cover is screwed on. You can have access to one of the screws but the other is not accessible unless you remove the trem)

On a side note, for me personally I also wish they made a non-piezo one. I couldn't dig on the piezo personally.

EDIT: And one other thing, and it's known issue, mine discolored on the bridge plate/arm rather quickly :(

')