+1 to the American people

• Thread starter Vince
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
See, something to consider...

Even for republicans that got in, this election was a big-time referendum on BushCo policies. Repubs who did make the cut are (hopefully) much more likely to seek consensus and less-divisive policies, and far less likely to follow along with our Glorious Leader and his Rovian Troll. At least if they wannna get re-elected.

So, even the GOPers that we have are likely to go by a different playbook. I've heard time and again how many Republicans in Washington were really upset with the tone of current politics, and the BushCo agenda. But they felt powerless, since the party leadership (and money, not to mention media exposure, what with Rush and his blabbermouth ilk toeing the party line no matter what idiocy Rove or Cheney cooked up) basically controlled the GOP platform with an iron fist. I'm sure some republicans are actually secretely breathing a bit of sigh of relief, for the hopeful return of sanity. :yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
PH2006110800119.jpg

Is it wrong that my first response was, "Go on, cry, because your daddy is a worthless tool." :hber:

What a fucking relief! Would you guys say this is a "mandate from the people"? Bush will actually have to deal with Congres now. He'll actually have to compromise. I expect the next year to be filled with him crying like a little baby, because the Decider is going to get overturned a whole lot.

It is a shame that Chafee is losing his seat out of all this. He was one of the few Republicans with a brain. I wish I could swap him with some asshat neocon in another state.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
noodles said:
PH2006110800119.jpg

Is it wrong that my first response was, "Go on, cry, because your daddy is a worthless tool." :hber:
Actually, it looks like he's selling his kid to the highest bidder at the bacon factory...

What a fucking relief! Would you guys say this is a "mandate from the people"? Bush will actually have to deal with Congres now. He'll actually have to compromise. I expect the next year to be filled with him crying like a little baby, because the Decider is going to get overturned a whole lot.
:)

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
noodles said:
It is a shame that Chafee is losing his seat out of all this. He was one of the few Republicans with a brain. I wish I could swap him with some asshat neocon in another state.
I know what you mean. I'm sure as fuck glad to see Ohio's DeWine go, but shit, 4 years ago, the guy was pretty decent! He broke ranks with Bush and all that nonsense on lots of issues.

But the Rove fucking machine gobbled him up, and he became a gutless lackey to the BushCo "mandate." Whatever the fuck that is. Lunacy, most like.

I weep for the Republican he used to be. Fucking sad. Maybe now many good Republicans won't have to go down Mr. Uniter-Not-A-Divider's fucked up path. :mad:

I used to fuckin' be a Republican! :mad:

nitelightboy

I poop in shoes.
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Everything my sexy wolf said about W being stupid :wub:

Our newly elected governor was supposed to meet with Bush yesterday around lunch time for photo shoots and all that political crap. He decided to keep his distance from Bush. He didn't even call or anything. Airforce 1 landed and Charlie was nowhere to be found....actually, he was all the way on the other side of the state from where he was supposed to meet W. :rofl:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
I'm sure she's just upset because they minaturized grandma and stuck her feet-first into the fucking podium.
:rofl:

Briggs

7-string noob
Reaction score
Clydefrog said:
I cannot fathom why people would be happy that the democrats are gaining power.

It's like going from one shoe filled with shit (republicans) to another shoe equally filled with shit (democrats).

The democrats are looking out for you just as much as the republicans are: not at all.

The system needs serious reform, not just another shift of hands. Both parties have proven time and time again over the years that they are incapable of properly managing the country.

I agree:cool:

vote libertarian!

:cheers:

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
Clyde... we can't change the world all at once. baby steps :)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
Actually, it looks like he's selling his kid to the highest bidder at the bacon factory...

Oh man, that's so harsh... :rofl:

desertdweller said:
I'm sure she's just upset because they minaturized grandma and stuck her feet-first into the fucking podium.

It just keeps getting better! :rofl:

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Montana to the dems. 50-49 now with Virginia still at 99% precincts reporting.

')