10-String arrives at last...

• Thread starter Svartmetall
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Svartmetall

Reaction score
My new toy arrived this morning:

10-String.jpg

Yay! Finally they sent the right guitar...the setup's fairly dodgy at the moment (not least the very uneven spacing at the nut) and I'm reasonably sure the 7th string shouldn't be a nylon one...but the tone is actually pretty good straight out of the box.

Now all I have to do is learn how to play the bloody thing :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ishan

Giant Fridge Magnet
Contributor
Reaction score
no biggy, change the nut (should be somewhat cheap at any luthier's place) and buy a 10 string set online :)
It looks nice anyway.

arktan

Icnomptenent
Reaction score
sweet mother of fuck!
Congrats, dude. And keep those strings on fire :hbang:

Hate

Reaction score
Thats a pretty sweet instrument, hope it works out well.

angus

Reaction score
I see based on the look of the string gauges that it's using a Yepes tuning? There are a couple different versions, with the tuning he used in the latest part of his life the most famous and "standard" of them.

I remember reading at one point, though, that he used several different versions of tuning over the years which included higher tunings in the lower 4 strings. I think guys like Gismonti did the same at some point or another. I think it would be weird, though, as generally those are just used as open drones that are tuned up/down for the key.

CaptainD00M

Lungsman
Reaction score
What do you tune a 10 string too?
I'm looking at it but its just not making sense in my head...

Very cool BTW... I just watched Cross Roads and realised for like the 1st time that the Asian woman who plays after Eugene at the Juliard recital has an 8 string.

b3n

...Is unacceptable.
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a monstrous neck! Looks like a lot of fun.

D

Desecrated

:woot:

We can start a club.

Hannabach strings are awesome, and a new nut and saddle is probably a really good idea, having a nut in wood can't be good in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:
')