10-string - Perfecto De Castro performs song from his new album

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

Pretty good song. I like his chords.
The hairstyle is epic win.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Eddie Loves You

Reaction score
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITHUXGNLEbs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ITHUXGNLEbs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

D

Desecrated

Thanks for posting eddie.
I was thinking more on the lines of 10-string duets, but this is really great also.

D

Desecrated

Great composition, but that was a LOT of finger noise for classical playing:noplease:

_TJK*

It's really noticeable because of the extra resonance the 10-string has compared to a normal guitar. And maybe not the best recording :D

Svartmetall

Reaction score
OK, now I'm really excited about having ordered my 10-string, that sounds so much cooler than a regular classical...is this guy using the Yepes tuning?

perfektus

Reaction score
Hi all!

Thanks to Desecrated for posting my video and thanks for the kind comments!

I have my own tuning, posted below:

perf%20tuning.jpg

Cheers!

D

Desecrated

Hi all!

Thanks to Desecrated for posting my video and thanks for the kind comments!

I have my own tuning, posted below:

perf%20tuning.jpg

Cheers!

Not to sound like a groupie, but your fucking awesome!

What made you decide to go with that tuning? If you don't mind me asking.

perfektus

Reaction score
Not to sound like a groupie, but your fucking awesome!

What made you decide to go with that tuning? If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks, mang! Much appreciated!

I put my lowest note on the 8th so I could still fret it if needed, along with fretting the main 6 strings. This helps me control the resonances better than on say, the Romantic tuning with the diatonic basses.

Strings 9 and 10 can vary up or down a whole tone or so depending on what's needed. They're mostly preset open basses depending on the piece. I find the 4th interval is more useful than a step-wise interval.

D

Desecrated

Since your here, do you have any tips for players just starting out on the 10-string or those who are thinking about buying one ?

perfektus

Reaction score
Since your here, do you have any tips for players just starting out on the 10-string or those who are thinking about buying one ?

Hmmmm...

Practice opening your RH thumb to reach the lower basses. Bounce between the strings slowly to program the right hand's motor memory.

Start training your RH pinky, it comes in handy.

Use a guitar support of some sort. The footstool doesn't raise the guitar high enough for it to be comfortable for the left hand. I use an Ergoplay.

Learn some theory, particularly chord voicing and counterpoint. This knowledge will help you utilize the extended range in a way that best fits the music you're arranging/performing.

Buy my CD :) (SHAMELESS!!!!!! :lol: ) j/k

That should be enough to get anybody started.

Apophis: Thanks for the welcome. I actually joined ss.org awhile back but haven't really visited much. Great to see a healthy online community here!

BTW. Your website doesn't load properly on FireFox, but it works in Internet Explorer. Great stuff! :yesway:

')