10 strings!!

• Thread starter paddypat
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
lmao is that monster really tuned to Low Drop A on a straight 30 scale haha for SHRED? That's the most ridiculous thing ever haha (coming from someone who tunes his six string bass to Drop G# and his 8 String to Low D#).

I have trouble getting the fundamental to be audible for G# on a 35 scale bass no matter then that on a 30 scale guitar. I am very curious though. I just don't know what the hell you'd do with that for shred!

Although.. I love what Unjustly Labeled does with his low G# stuff though.

Edit:

Duck facing ittttt

47061_477879868139_7509661_n.jpg

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
Play as many strings as possible + play as fast as possible = internet famous

Next thing you know he'll be crowd sourcing the funds for his next album with MIDI snippets...

Dear god.. :ugh:

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
He's a Rusty Cooley freak... Shredding a 6 string Jackson here. This vid is from a throw and go shred contest from a few years ago (he plays 2nd)

Gotta say, that was pretty awful. I mean, I'd kill to be able to sweep like that since what I like to do requires significantly less dexterity than that, but it just seems like he was doing the same shit over and over again while the first guy played actual music. Second guy really does just seem like he's showing off, and on his second time up it's sort of ".... dude, can you do something different?"

Mach666

The speed of evil
Reaction score
I'm in a band (OmnisighT) with the other guy (Raj). I've only met Kestin once, but he seemed alright. He's young in that vid tho... 19 or something. Hard to judge either player in a situation like that. I just posted it to show he can pull off the sweeps live...

As far as the 10 string thing goes, I think it's overkill. When Meshuggah went to 8 it was too low for my tastes. Kestin's probably gotten into Tosin lately...

ZachK

Ronda Rousey Fanboy
Reaction score
I'm in a band (OmnisighT) with the other guy (Raj). I've only met Kestin once, but he seemed alright. He's young in that vid tho... 19 or something. Hard to judge either player in a situation like that. I just posted it to show he can pull off the sweeps live...

As far as the 10 string thing goes, I think it's overkill. When Meshuggah went to 8 it was too low for me. Kestin's probably gotten into Tosin lately...

Raj played some killer licks dude, I really enjoyed his stuff, it was at least musical.

Mr GriND

Reaction score
I have 10 string pendulum 27/30 tuned to low A (130 bass) with kahler, but not for shred ...

Mr GriND

Reaction score
mr-grind-albums-ext-range-picture8667-agile-p-10-string.jpg
agile pendulum 102730 kahler, active 11 string cepheus slanted.

mr-grind-albums-ext-range-picture8668-ebb9.jpg

and my EBB 9 string 25"5 to low E (made by one friend and me in 2001) ...

Latest posts

')