Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
It's supposed to be: "My pants are stupendously large. I can fit a melon in my crotch."

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
I see where part of the problem comes from.

Crotch
-noun
7. the area of a tree at which a main branch joins the trunk.

The auto-translator misunderstood that part. ;) It also took the "fit in" part and thought it meant something like to "combine" or "fit together."

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
You're just angry because the translator could do your job better than you. ;)

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
You're just angry because the translator could do your job better than you. ;)

Then how come you couldn't understand what the hell I was saying?

Try this out and see if you can find out even remotely what the text is talking about (very very easy to understand in Japanese. Should be easy to understand in English too if properly translated ;)):

私は、その男の写真を三葉、見たことがある。
 一葉は、その男の、幼年時代、とでも言うべきであろうか、十歳前後かと推定される頃の写真であって、その子供が大勢の女のひとに取りかこまれ、(それは、その子供の姉たち、妹たち、それから、従姉妹(いとこ)たちかと想像される)庭園の池のほとりに、荒い縞の袴(はかま)をはいて立ち、首を三十度ほど左に傾け、醜く笑っている写真である。醜く? けれども、鈍い人たち(つまり、美醜などに関心を持たぬ人たち)は、面白くも何とも無いような顔をして、
「可愛い坊ちゃんですね」
 といい加減なお世辞を言っても、まんざら空(から)お世辞に聞えないくらいの、謂(い)わば通俗の「可愛らしさ」みたいな影もその子供の笑顔に無いわけではないのだが、しかし、いささかでも、美醜に就いての訓練を経て来たひとなら、ひとめ見てすぐ、
「なんて、いやな子供だ」

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
You seem insecure. Is it because the machine is a superior translator?

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
It's hanging pretty well. My job status is changing next Monday (promotion, I guess you could call it). So now at my desk at work, I have: a TV, a VCR, a playstation 2, two computers (both high-spec, but one that is specifically designed for games with high demands), and other various things. :cool:

Makelele

Reaction score
I'm eating some burritos I just made. Burritos are good.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
It's hanging pretty well. My job status is changing next Monday (promotion, I guess you could call it). So now at my desk at work, I have: a TV, a VCR, a playstation 2, two computers (both high-spec, but one that is specifically designed for games with high demands), and other various things. :cool:

Nice! I haven't even touched a VCR in ages.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Nice! I haven't even touched a VCR in ages.

Neither have I. When I first got it, I asked the other guys I worked for why I had it and they were like, ":shrug: I dunno. Maybe you'll need it." I use the PS2 every now and then (and thus use the TV with the same frequency -- for using the PS2). I use the one computer ALL the time and I just got the second computer today, but I'll probably end up using it a lot - just not as much as the first one.

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe they'll give you some weird motivational videos from the 80's to watch. :shrug:

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Then how come you couldn't understand what the hell I was saying?

Try this out and see if you can find out even remotely what the text is talking about (very very easy to understand in Japanese. Should be easy to understand in English too if properly translated ;)):

私は、その男の写真を三葉、見たことがある。
 一葉は、その男の、幼年時代、とでも言うべきであろうか、十歳前後かと推定される頃の写真であって、その子供が大勢の女のひとに取りかこまれ、(それは、その子供の姉たち、妹たち、それから、従姉妹(いとこ)たちかと想像される)庭園の池のほとりに、荒い縞の袴(はかま)をはいて立ち、首を三十度ほど左に傾け、醜く笑っている写真である。醜く? けれども、鈍い人たち(つまり、美醜などに関心を持たぬ人たち)は、面白くも何とも無いような顔をして、
「可愛い坊ちゃんですね」
 といい加減なお世辞を言っても、まんざら空(から)お世辞に聞えないくらいの、謂(い)わば通俗の「可愛らしさ」みたいな影もその子供の笑顔に無いわけではないのだが、しかし、いささかでも、美醜に就いての訓練を経て来たひとなら、ひとめ見てすぐ、
「なんて、いやな子供だ」

I'm guessing it has to do with midget prostitutes in clown costumes whipping each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')