Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Kiesel ZM8/DCM8/VM8/KVM8

Votes: 22 39.3%
  • Other

Votes: 10 17.9%

• Total voters

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
Ormsby or M80M. Ergonomically, the Ormsbys are great and the stock pickups are impressive. I had a seven string, which I only moved on because apparently I can't deal with odd numbers of strings. :lol:

I still don't think the M80M can be beaten for a production 8 for heavy styles. Unless you're doing wide stretches low down on the neck, I don't think the scale length will be a problem. It's always best to try one if you can, because obviously ymmv - but if you can get your hands on a 30"ish scale to try, you definitely should.

The Lundgren pickup in the M80M is one of my favourite pickups EVER.

teamSKDM

Reaction score
So I found out about a company a few others know of on here called GOC guitars. they have a killer headless fanned 8 string called the materia with awesome specs. wenge neck and board options, stainless frets , and ash bodies that are IMO an advancement in the strandberg design, and guitarmory pickups around 1100~ USD directly from GOC themselves. the owner has been very communicative with me. im about to jump on board on the next group run available and then i can truely give an opinion.