17 string tapguitar by Beartrax guitars

• Thread starter ixlramp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thefpb2

Reaction score
I personally don't think its very practical to achieve the type of sound desired, completely pointless is weighted but that dude is entitled to say so. But i agree that there are better instruments for the desired end. If not there should be

Guamskyy

Hwat you call me?
Reaction score
That's weird, the bass strings are in the middle of the neck, and then the strings thin out both ways.

But it's SOOOOOOO AWESOME.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
I figured you should buy and or make one. :lol:

My dexterity for touchstyle isn't the greatest, so I don't think i would ever make or buy one. I'm currently working on a super sub contra 5 string bass design tuned an octave below a normal 5 string(B00-G1) with a 44" scale.

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
I was kidding of course since I use my 8 string for that exact purpose. BTW. Stanley Jordan is God. Period.

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
Wow, thanks! I have to admit it's a bit strange to hear someone say they are a fan of mine. I'm very honored :)

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
No prob man. I love your tone in your vids whats your setup/settings?

Um, just the Schecter ATX C-8 and Boss Me-70 plugged right into the computer. I believe the amp sim is on "clean". I don't know, it just sounded good right off the bat so I didn't mess with it too much. I like it better then the sound from my Vox Amp.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Um, just the Schecter ATX C-8 and Boss Me-70 plugged right into the computer. I believe the amp sim is on "clean". I don't know, it just sounded good right off the bat so I didn't mess with it too much. I like it better then the sound from my Vox Amp.

Cool, I have a BOSS GT-6 so hopefully I can get close. I was just wondering because I want to get into touch style playing with my 11 string, and wanted to have a similar tone.

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
Cool, I have a BOSS GT-6 so hopefully I can get close. I was just wondering because I want to get into touch style playing with my 11 string, and wanted to have a similar tone.

Honestly, I think most of the sound is from the Pickups. I had a Shecter 7 string with EMG's and it didn't sound similar at all. What kind of pickups do you have? What kind of guitar is it?

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, I think most of the sound is from the Pickups. I had a Shecter 7 string with EMG's and it didn't sound similar at all. What kind of pickups do you have? What kind of guitar is it?
The one in the middle and I built it by hand, the pickup is s custom made Nordstrand:
DSC01838.jpg

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
Wow! That thing is a beast! What kind of music do you play on something like that? I've thought of going to 9 or 10 (one lower, one higher) but that's crazy!

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Wow! That thing is a beast! What kind of music do you play on something like that? I've thought of going to 9 or 10 (one lower, one higher) but that's crazy!

Well I designed it be an 88 key piano in guitar form, right now I play classical music, and some jazz. As you can see it's not very "metal" so you can guess I don't regularly play metal on this beast.

Inception7

Tappy Tapper
Reaction score
Well I designed it be an 88 key piano in guitar form, right now I play classical music, and some jazz, as you can see its not very "metal" so you can guess I don't regularly play metal on this beast.

PM me a link if you have some, I'd love to hear what you play. I imagine it's pretty tough to play on something of that magnitude. I bet it sounds fantastic!