FS 1990 Charvel 475 Deluxe Desert Crackle w/ lots of mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

slan

Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:

You're looking at a fairly heavily modded Charvel 475 Deluxe. The Desert Crackle finish is killer, the "toothpaste" Charvel logo is classic, and it's a great playing guitar! The neck is a comfy D-shape - not too thin or thick.

This guitar is in very good condition for being 30 years old, but it has a handful of cosmetic flaws and some general wear-and-tear:
  • A previous owner broke off a sizeable chunk of the tip of the headstock.
  • There's a chip in the finish on the left side of the guitar body.
  • There's a small chip in the coating of the trem under the 6th string saddle.
  • The backplate is missing.
Note: this guitar is currently set up in Drop C tuning with 52-10 gauge strings. If you'd like me to set it up in a different tuning or string gauge before shipping or picking up, let me know and we can work something out.

Modifications:

This guitar came with an active circuit and Jackson active pickups. I had it professionally rewired two years ago with a passive circuit, all new-electronics, and a set of Seymour Duncan pickups:
  • Bridge: Dimebucker
  • Middle: Quarter Pound
  • Neck: Little '59
This guitar originally had three knobs. I removed the first one and replaced it with an Iron Age LED killswitch. The first knob is now for master volume, and the second knob is for master tone.

I replaced the bridge saddles with FU-Tone titanium saddles.

Accessories (hardshell case etc):
Original case included.
Location (City,State or City,Country): Richmond, VA, US
International OK? : No
Contact Info (No Phone #s): DM or Reverb
References (eBay or other forum userid): Reverb
Price (include currency and if firm/obo): $1,000 USD (OBO) + $60 shipping (click to see Reverb listing)
Pictures:

in6ur7vlypotgsnjhgep.jpg

vpv2wf0xtiamh3ejfh3a.jpg

clg5mxhsi5cn9cjlinco.jpg

ohobndneah6ue4iut0l0.jpg

uo4fxz8qc1s89lmyvnhy.jpg

v2nhqx1n37g8z2m5sqbf.jpg

zug2vkhszvm6d3o7x6ya.jpg

kjzf7andugirfblmounl.jpg

pwmj4bq608rpxygrboro.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.