1993 RG550MBK

• Thread starter metalmike550
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalmike550

metalmechanic!!
Reaction score
Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar: 1993 ibanez rg550mbk. it is in great condition.

Modifications (if any): the back of the neck was dinged up bad so i refinished it with tung oil.

Accessories (hardshell case etc): hard case, trem bar

Location (City,State or City,Country): newburgh Indiana

Contact Info (No Phone #s) pm me here or metalmike550@yahoo.com

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): i have 1 trader point here and im at 100% on e-bay under.... metalmike550

Price (include currency and if firm/obo): i need 425. offers will be considered but i cant go to low. you pay shipping of course.

im no newbie. ive been refinishing guitar necks and bodys for 15+ years so the neck feels great. it has the original wizard profile. the trem has slight rust but it is the lo-pro edge and works perfectly. all electronics are bone stock. pics.....

ibanezrg550bk003.jpg

ibanezrg550bk004.jpg

100_4238.jpg

ibanezrg550bk008.jpg

i wont ship this outside the cont. us. thanks guys (and gals).

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalmike550

metalmechanic!!
Reaction score
ok... deal fell through. i need to sell this thing big time. offers are welcome. if it doesnt sell in like 3-4 days im e-bayin this beast.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
Pretty sure this isn't a 93, an 03 maybe. Serial would be F93 AFAIK if it were a 93. It also wouldn't have an AANJ, or a LoPro.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
2003 would be F03

1993 would be F3. The Lo-pro was introduced in 1991. The 550 was discontinued sometime before 2003, as well. Also, the Sticker bearing the model number is an older ibanez thing, as is the non-oval output jack backplate. iirc, ibanez changed the serialization method in 1997, when they realized they'd have repeats of 1987 serials if they didn't add a second number.

the trem deal is an interesting thing, though. Lopros don't fit into any other routes without modification, at least in my experience, but, i've had guitars with serials as recent as '99 that had original edges on them, but have seen guitars as early as '92 UVs and JEMs with lopros.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
RG550 - Ibanez Guitar Wiki

94 was the first year of the AANJ, unless the for some reason started it in late 93, but the LoPro I guess isn't out of the ordinary. Funny enough in 02, they used an original Edge, not a LoPro. I guess I was mistaken. If I had the money, I'd buy it, I love RG550's.

jam3v

wat
Reaction score
RG550 - Ibanez Guitar Wiki

94 was the first year of the AANJ, unless the for some reason started it in late 93, but the LoPro I guess isn't out of the ordinary. Funny enough in 02, they used an original Edge, not a LoPro. I guess I was mistaken. If I had the money, I'd buy it, I love RG550's.

The serial # on the neck only indicates the build date of the neck and its components. The bodies are built separately, so it's possible a 94 body ended up with a 93 neck.

metalmike550

metalmechanic!!
Reaction score
ok mods. close this one. one deal is in the works but even if it doesnt go through its goin the e-bay rout. thanks to all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')