2 capo problems

• Thread starter Desecrated
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
D

Desecrated

1. Is there any bass capos that work for 5-string basses ?

2. Is there any capo that can cover a 10 string classical guitar ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ibznorange

Chief Officer/RHLC ©
Contributor
Reaction score
im not aware of any, but try using 2 capos.
attach one from the bass side, and one from the treble side.

or, make your own banded capo.
get a thin steel rod that stretches across the fretboard, with fairly tight rubber tubing around it.
then attach an elastic band to one side, and perforate the other side so you can pull it really tight and secure it by pushing the other side of the elastic over the metal rod, thus pulling the rod down. its a fairly common design for 6 strings, i dont see why it wouldnt work on a 10

Daniel S

Reaction score
yah make your own

there is a bunch of ways to do it so just use some ingenuity
2 dowls some winguts and you have one pretty quice
or elastic an a pencil

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Get a friend to hold his or her finger on all the strings at the fret in question while you play. Easy!

I made a capo with a slide and some kind of wire once. It was far from ideal, but it worked.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I've never heard of a capo designed for bass to be honest, but a capo designed for 12 string or classical guitar might do the job. Regarding the ten, I'd just do what's been suggested and use two capos. You could get some interesting sounds by placing them at different points on the neck...

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
I think I saw 10 string guitar capo somewhere at CathedralGuitar :)

D

Desecrated

I've never heard of a capo designed for bass to be honest, but a capo designed for 12 string or classical guitar might do the job.

The problem is that they don't have enough tension to keep the strings down hard enough. But I will try different models, some of them must be working.

')