2-ch Dual Rectifier help

• Thread starter Brian D
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Brian D

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a Dual Rectifier Rev F 2 channel, and as of yesterday it started having problems. I was playing and all of a sudden i got a complete stoppage of sound. After that, i found there was a dead powertube, so i took that one out, and ran 2 power tubes at half power. That worked for about 20 minutes yesterday -- once I got home, dead silent again (you have to dime the amp to get a very quiet amplification of your playing)

So i went out and bought new E34L's, and it was working for about 10 minutes, and then, once again, it cut out completely. What do you think is wrong? Preamp tubes seemed okay when i checked them, but i'm not ruling them out.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
I hope you ran half the ohms when you ran the recto on 2 tubes :ugh:

Does it completely turn off? or just go silent?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
To a mesa dealer you go!

Shadowspecced

Reaction score
The preamp tubes on your amp are relatively new. They shouldn't be out at all. (used to be my amp.)

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
If you have fresh tubes and everything is connected as it should be and you are still getting no sound, go to an amp tech. If there has been no output, your capacitors could be holding a lethal charge and unless you know what you're doing in there, you could end up with a new hairdo.

')