2 NEW SONGS! Ambient/Experimental/Post-Metal

• Thread starter Lamb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lamb

Reaction score
So I've been working on some new stuff lately. It's quite a bit a different than my previous work but I'm really happy with the direction my stuff is heading.

So here are two new ones that'll be on an upcoming CD.

Redwood

Hoof

Feedback is greatly appreciated!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lamb

Reaction score
Jeez, I know it's not typical sevenstring.org stuff but come on a little feedback would be nice.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Redwood was a pretty sweet tune, except the intro was a little overlong in my opinion... it was wicked when it finally got going at about 2:00 but then I couldn't make the slightest sense of the vocals. While I liked the tone the guy had going it was even more unintelligible then most growls. It was especially sweet when it started getting all atmospheric and totally awesome at the 4 minute mark or so. The pacing is off, really, is the only major gripe I have with it. Sweet tune and I really dig the droning detuned guitar work. Total Neurosis style!

I don't have time to listen to Hoof right now though, but I'll give it a listen soon...

Lamb

Reaction score
Redwood was a pretty sweet tune, except the intro was a little overlong in my opinion... it was wicked when it finally got going at about 2:00 but then I couldn't make the slightest sense of the vocals. While I liked the tone the guy had going it was even more unintelligible then most growls. It was especially sweet when it started getting all atmospheric and totally awesome at the 4 minute mark or so. The pacing is off, really, is the only major gripe I have with it. Sweet tune and I really dig the droning detuned guitar work. Total Neurosis style!

I don't have time to listen to Hoof right now though, but I'll give it a listen soon...

Thanks for the feedback. The "guy" is me by the way and I know that it's pretty difficult to make out the vocals but I sort of like it that way. The long beginning was intentional as well, I enjoy repetition and letting the music breath. I'm not sure what you mean by the pacing is off? Like, guitars aren't on beat or what?

Anyway, thanks for the feedback. BTW, Hoof is VERY repetitive so if you're not into that might want to steer clear :)

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah I wasn't sure if this was your band or what. I understand that you are writing the music in accordance to your vision, it was just not - I dunno - commercially oriented? Reminds me of Isis in that way. Heavy on repetition.

Reaction score
pretty cool man. this is the kinda "metal" i like to listen to when i want to relax and just groove. it also reminds me a little of neurosis. just wish it had some leads for the long intro, it would help the music tell its story more.

GWD

Contributor
Reaction score
Dark and hypnotic. A nice combo. A little to doomy for me though.

Battle-axe

Reaction score
Great stuff! Post-metal and post-rock are my favorite genres. Redwood has a nice Cult Of Luna-ish vibe sorta.

Lamb

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I'm a bit surprised. I didn't know many people on this board listened to bands like Neurosis.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Cool stuff. I enjoyed listening to both tunes. It's definitely different, but nice to hear this stuff. Nice work! :yesway:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Sounds good! Reminds me of stuff like Pelican and Isis, which I enjoy. The mix sounds really good, too. :hbang:

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Hi all, :wavey:

New to the site as I wanted to investigate what my first 7 should be and this is the place! Hence my first post reply...

Lamb I really liked redwood. I am not that big a neurosis/isis fan (they kinda bore me) but I liked how your tune wasn't distorto-rama the whole way through. I am a big fan of Mogwai and I think your dynamics are closer to them (except for the vocals obviously).

I would be very happy if when I get to record my first demo it sounded like redwood...haven't had a chance to listen to hoof yet tho.

cheers

_detox

lurkin'.
Reaction score
Man, I just started getting into Isis and Pelican a lot, so this is perfect timing haha.

I just listened to Redwood for now and I enjoyed it a lot man. Specifically the mixing was incredible. The drums set PERFECTLY so they weren't obstructive or obstructed, which seems to be the main problem with home recordings. And I liked the vocals a lot. The first scream just made ISIS pop into my head immediately haha. And I agree that the vocals are fine the way they are. That seems to be the thing with post rock/metal. The vocals aren't above everything, they're one with it, like another instrument and another layer.

Awesome track, I'd love to hear an album of this from you bro.

And by the way, if you haven't gotten Isis' Clearing the Eye dvd, it's amazing and you should. I didn't even know they had one, until my friend pointed it out to me in Best Buy. I almost wet myself.

Keep it up!

Lamb

Reaction score
Cool guys thanks a lot! I'm working on a little EP right now which will have about 4 or 5 songs on it so when that is complete I'll be sure to let everyone know.

amonb

Les Paul Fever
Contributor
Reaction score
Dude I am still listening to Redwood almost daily...that tune kicks so much arse!

BrutalExorcist

Chronic Chugger
Reaction score
Great job, just the type of post metal that's right down my alley! I liked the chanted vocal parts especially.

Brett89

Reaction score
I like it very much! I intro is cool in Redwood, and I love the solo that starts at 4:00. Could someone tell me what type off effect was that?

Lamb

Reaction score
Thanks man.

That effect was a mix of delay and this distortion plugin I have called "QuadraFuzz".

')