2008 Caparison Applehorn (Special Edition Orange finish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys! :wavey: Trying to free up some money just in case I do have to pay that $3,500 MRI bill so figure I'll try throwing it up here first before it hits eBay in a week or so when I get the official yes or no regarding the bill. You can check my thread for all the pictures in the six-string section. The following additions have been made to this guitar:

Bridge pickup - Changed to DiMarzio Evolution (HUGE improvement in my opinion)
Neck pickup - Changed to DiMarzio Virtual Vintage Heavy Blues 2 (glassy cleans and nice leads)
Added Tremol-No - Schaller Floyd can be locked down, used fully-floating as usual or in Dive-Only mode, works great for locking down the trem to clean the fretboard! :)
Added Dunlop Straplocks (will include stock strap buttons too)
Currently Strung up with DR .011 Black Beauty coated strings, I will include an extra set
Set up by Ryan (who does AMAZING work on trems, thanks again dooder :wub:) for Drop-C tuning (CGCFAD)

I have everything that came with it originally (even the original box from Caparison!) which includes the original Caparison hardshell case AND the stock Caparison PH-R bridge (not found in all the models and seems to be well-liked by a lot of the guys on the Caparison forum, sells for about $100 by itself on eBay) and SH-27F neck pickups. I have all the case candy, keys for the case lock, trem bar, manual and original receipt. The ONLY issue with it is a tiny, TINY indentation near one of the horns when I was taking pictures and the old SH-27F neck pickup nicked the finish. :( Figures, right when I'm taking pics of a mint guitar to get it ready for sale.... :squint: :wallbash: :realmad: :lol:

Anywho, asking $1650 including Paypal and shipping in the US and all those extra parts. :D If it sells on here and I don't have to deal with the evilBay I will donate a little chunk of change to Chris on here. :wub: Help me help him! ;) I have quite a few references on this site, please check my iTrader feedback.

These are a few updated shots, I can take more if anyone is *seriously* interested but please no tire-kickers as I don't have much time to do this after a 10-hour work day. If you're not seriously interested or you're interested but won't have money until sometime in 2012, please do not inquire to save us both a headache. :wub: You can see in the pictures that the coating on the DR strings wears away just like the Elixirs do (except they gracefully flake away, whereas the Elixirs get that puffy powder everywhere :lol:) but the coating is still there and it's especially still there where it matters (on the fretboard area, preventing corrosion). :agreed:

Caparison_Resized_1.jpg

Caparison_Resized_2.jpg

Caparison_Resized_3.jpg

Caparison_Resized_4.jpg

^ That is my pinky finger, for reference. :D That's VERY tiny, I just want to keep everything on the up and up with my sales. :yesway:

Thanks for looking. :wavey:

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
It is a bit thicker than a JEM or Wizard I/II carve. Towards the lower end of the neck it is almost shaped like this "[" where it is almost square which makes it easy for riffing down low. It flattens out the higher up you go on the neck. It's a very unique carve and I haven't found another guitar with a similar neck so it's hard to really peg down by comparison. :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
AND the stock Caparison PH-R bridge (which is limited to the Artist sig models ONLY, sells for about $100 by itself on the used market)

That's not accurate. The Caparison PH-R bridge pickup is available on most of the models, not just signature ones. It's standard on the Dellingers, TAT, Orbit, Angelus HGS, and the Applehorns. There are only a few models that don't come stock with the PH-R bridge actually :)

Otherwise, this is a pretty good price, best of luck.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
That's not accurate. The Caparison PH-R bridge pickup is available on most of the models, not just signature ones. It's standard on the Dellingers, TAT, Orbit, Angelus HGS, and the Applehorns. There are only a few models that don't come stock with the PH-R bridge actually :)

Otherwise, this is a pretty good price, best of luck.

Thanks for the info. That must have changed within the past year or two, to my knowledge those models didn't come with that pickup previously. :scratch: Edited accordingly. :wavey:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
No problem, it's all good. Just trying to help keep the information accurate :)

Haha, neg repped over that, gotta love people :yesway:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
No problem, it's all good. Just trying to help keep the information accurate :)

Haha, neg repped over that, gotta love people :yesway:

:lol: Yeah I'll make sure I don't post it as an Artist-only pickup when it inevitably goes to eBay. I could have sworn that the PH-R was an artist series pickup though, maybe it's been changed recently. Either way, thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')