2010 Schecter Loomis in Satin Black... news from Schecter!

• Thread starter I_infect
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

I_infect

Reaction score
Edit: is that small sample picture the only pic?

Yeah, so far that's the only one. Someone here noticed it on their homepage, and i figured I'd shoot them an email about it.

So they say he's been rocking it lately with this guitar. Is there no live shots on the net???

Someone's had to have seen it out in the wild.

Jason

It doesn't he say he's been doing shows with it, but who knows? he could be 'rocking it in black' in the studio, at home, etc. They were kind of vague about it, and maybe it's because it hasn't officially debuted yet.

Malacoda

Fogdiver
Reaction score
I love black and maple. Look how well it worked here:

08Olof%20Morck.jpg

Of course, it's not flat black, but it still looks amazing.

Reaction score
Fuck black finishes. Yeah it's an option on... 95%? of guitars out there.. let's see more green, red, blue, orange, yellow, bursts, combos.. :)

Loomis neck = sechs tho

This, minus the part about the neck. Never have I been so underwhelmed from a neck in my life. I'm so sick of black, but I feel like with the maple neck, it will look great. Now if they made it in something so bright you couldn't look directly at it, that would put this guitar in a whole new stratosphere of awesome.

BLACKFOX86

Reaction score
This, minus the part about the neck. Never have I been so underwhelmed from a neck in my life. I'm so sick of black, but I feel like with the maple neck, it will look great. Now if they made it in something so bright you couldn't look directly at it, that would put this guitar in a whole new stratosphere of awesome.

I totally agree with you!
That would bring some extra uniqueness to it, and not just be another version of the red one. :scream:

I_infect

Reaction score
That would make sense, because Loomis is a bright, cheery color sort of person, right?
:lol: I didn't know Steve Vai signed with Schecter...

I think the satin black is understated and elegant, and probably as close to a custom that I would order from them.

Next people will be complaining that it's not basswood and a bolt on...

GeoMantic

Reaction score
I would love to see this in a darker blue. Like, a royal blue or something. THAT would be fucking sick. Especially with some visible wood grain under it and gold hardware.

I would buy that in a heartbeat.

willyman101

Reaction score
I'm about to buy a black strat with a maple neck and I'm gonna slap a black scratchplate on there Gilmour style, cos black on maple looks fucking sick!

etiam

Reaction score
I saw a post earlier about the Loomis neck. Was that in reference to the fretboard or the profile? I'm not the biggest EMG fan, but would consider a Loomis if all the other elements were right, and one of the things I'd be looking for is a slimmer neck profile.

I know, you might say, 'just go get an Ibanez', which I might ultimately do, but I'm still curious whether Schecter have different profiles that they use. Does the Loomis have a distinctly different radius or other dimensions to its neck from the standard Schecter feel?

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score

Have you actually played one in real life? The neck isn't as bright as pictures make it look.

These are the more accurate pics I have:

p1030849v.jpg

p1030848.jpg

p1030850y.jpg

:wavey:

cyril v

Contributor
Reaction score
two tons of win!

i promised the lady i wouldn't buy anymore guitars... i don't know if i can honor that now.

I_infect

Reaction score
I know, having a hard time choosing between a Carvin or the black Loomis. Trying only to buy one this year; ha that's a joke:lol:

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood, but weren't the fixed bridge versions discontinued?

If so, why are they now on the poster?

')