2011 Cort EVL K47B 7 string baritone

• Thread starter ixlramp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ixlramp

Reaction score
EVL-K47B-BKS_hz.png

* CONSTRUCTION: Bolt-on
* BODY: Mahogany
* NECK: Maple, Modern "C" Shape
* BINDING: n/a
* FRETBOARD: Rosewood, 12" Radius(305mm)
* FRETS: 22 / Jumbo (2.9mm)
* SCALE: 27" Baritone (686mm)
* INLAY: EVL Pentagon Circles
* BRIDGE: TonePros Lic. Locking 7string bridge w /string thru body
* TUNERS: Die cast
* PICKUPS: EMG-HZ7 (H-H)
* ELECTRONICS: 1vol, 1tone, 3way toggle
* STRINGS: D'addario NW054+EXL110(054,046-010)
* HARDWARE: PT (Platinum)

It has those EVL pentagram inlays!
images

What are EMG HZ7s like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
EMG HZs are passive pickups. Read more here.

Just curious, how much do those cost? It's pretty impressive-looking for a Cort.

arsonist

Reaction score
I've already played on a Cort 7-string, namely this type:

-85993304284900770.jpg

I must say I thought it was pretty comfortable, and well built, especially for the price (around 300-400 euros). I was actually looking for an ERG at the time, in this price range and this sounded good, felt good, played good. But the pentagram inlays and the truss rod cover literally blew it. I think that shit is the most immature and cheesy thing i've ever seen on an instrument. (this coming from a guy who's spent the past 12 years listening to death, black and thrash metal)

ixlramp

Reaction score
Yeah, fond as I am of pentagrams (very fond), they look perhaps a little cheesy on the Cort EVLs. I can live with them though. The truss rod cover is pretty bad, I think I would remove that or flip it over.

ixlramp

Reaction score
8121m1g_23.jpeg

The singlecut is the Cort EVL-Z47, I find the bevels and matt black finish gorgeous. Anyway it's now discontinued, the new K47B has identical specs (except the scale) so I guess a similar price.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
They have been releasing some quality products, that kind of stay under the radar.

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Well well well.. Didn't see THAT coming. Thanks for the heads up!

rythmic_pulses

Bari/Bass VI Nerd
Reaction score
Yeah I remember hearing about this one off a friend who had a EVL Z47 the single cut one, i guess the scale will be an improvement for people who want to tune to A and G without any poor tension like on a regular scale 7 string, only 22 frets! thats a letdown i like having 24 it feels more comfortable plus there is another thing about it i dont like the look of it the headstock doesn't really work that much but thats just my opinion.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
im thinking of getting one of these, seein as my schecter guitar neck warped at the second fret. :( but im only worried about one thing. if i were to take thoughs emgs out would a normal pickup say a dimarzio, fit the same screw holes??

JPhoenix19

Playing life by ear
Reaction score
I would consider getting one, if it weren't for the silly inlays. I really like matte black. :yesway:

')