2015 Caparison Guitars

• Thread starter feilong29
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Cloudy

Pacific Wood Lab
Reaction score
Never liked the Angelus...until now. The GAS for the lemon drop is real.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Don't worry, they did the weirdness too.

Yea, I've seen that out on the streets for $5300. I don't see anyone buying Caparisons for > $4k, and with good reason, so hopefully ditching the TT frets drops it by at least $1300.

arcadia fades

Reaction score
angelus_cl15_v.jpg

NEED IT

Nitrobattery

Reaction score
Glad they finally put full inlays on the M3B. This will go nicely with my Angelus HGS. Picking one up for sure.

angelus-m3b_da_zpslw19dnjq.jpg

porknchili

G.A.S.ITIS
Reaction score
While I'm kinda upset that the TATs still have that dumb neck heel (I mean come on! Part of the reason neck-thrus became popular was because they'd have no heels. Basically, there is absolutely NO REASON for the heels to be out that far and make full upper register access more difficult.), I couldn't be more excited about their new offerings. I'm SO happy that they changed the Horus shape to give better access to the 27th fret and I'm happy they brought back gold hardware on the 20th. I've always wanted a Caparison, but now I am hellbent on finally getting one now thanks to the new improvements they've implemented.

totalnewb

Reaction score
While I'm kinda upset that the TATs still have that dumb neck heel (I mean come on! Part of the reason neck-thrus became popular was because they'd have no heels. Basically, there is absolutely NO REASON for the heels to be out that far and make full upper register access more difficult.), I couldn't be more excited about their new offerings. I'm SO happy that they changed the Horus shape to give better access to the 27th fret and I'm happy they brought back gold hardware on the 20th. I've always wanted a Caparison, but now I am hellbent on finally getting one now thanks to the new improvements they've implemented.

Get me one while you're at it? lol (JK, i'm not gonna be that guy, but it's a good jest all the same imo). That thing is a beaut. Not even sure if i'd be able to play it i'd be afraid to damage it. Would make me sicker than if i damaged my other guitars. Very maticulous with mine and OCD about care. Whipe them after play, pay attention to what i'm doing when weilding them, etc.) but still, things do happen.

stradfire

psilocybinoculars
Reaction score
Schaller/FR bridge on the Brocken 8 guys... you were so close...
.... me.

lawizeg

Reaction score
Man, I can't get over how much I love Horus'...I ADORED the wine-colored one but this blue one just about killed me(my non-..... can only get so erect!)

narad

Reaction score

a.) If you haven't tried one, point is kind of moot. You guess it would make it harder to play, but you have no idea really. No one I've talked to has had any problem with it, and they were playing older TAT specials which supposedly have larger heels (though they look approximately the same in photos).

b.) There are reasons people don't think out the neck/body point to the absolute thinnest point. Many people believe it's a better sound to have more wood under those frets - a clear example of this is David McNaught, who had a super slick heel -- one of the absolute best -- and bulked it up because he thought the guitars were sturdier and sounded better.

Zak1233

Contributor
Reaction score
Oh my god that blue Horus M3 w/ maple fretboard :bowdown:

1533884_789030081144204_2771366277763248704_n.png

Senior

Reaction score
Oh my god that blue Horus M3 w/ maple fretboard :bowdown:

1533884_789030081144204_2771366277763248704_n.png

I generlaly dont like maple baords, but I like that one.

I also LOVE the angle of that picture. It's like ITC for guitars. :D

:shred: :fap:

narad

Reaction score
I generlaly dont like maple baords, but I like that one.

I also LOVE the angle of that picture. It's like ITC for guitars. :D

:shred: :fap:

Maybe the biggest improvement to the line-up this year was the photographer. These pictures are making these guitars look super enticing, even though there are a lot of similar or identical caparisons already floating around. It's like my gut tells me they're not super high quality, but the photos are strongly giving me that impression.

porknchili

G.A.S.ITIS
Reaction score
a.) If you haven't tried one, point is kind of moot. You guess it would make it harder to play, but you have no idea really. No one I've talked to has had any problem with it, and they were playing older TAT specials which supposedly have larger heels (though they look approximately the same in photos).

b.) There are reasons people don't think out the neck/body point to the absolute thinnest point. Many people believe it's a better sound to have more wood under those frets - a clear example of this is David McNaught, who had a super slick heel -- one of the absolute best -- and bulked it up because he thought the guitars were sturdier and sounded better.

a. I am EXTREMELY picky when it comes to upper-fret access and while in reality the TAT heel wouldn't be that bad, I'd rather have something a bit more permitting. Sure, the distance from the 19th fret or so to the 27th fret is pretty small, especially since it's a 24.75" scale neck, but if I'm going to pay like $2500+ for it, I want to make sure there's nothing that I might have a slight gripe with.

b. I think it's clear too that Caparison had the heel larger so the TAT would have a bit more sustain and a slightly fuller sound to it, not to mention better stability. If I can remember correctly, Matthias Eklundh said that Itaru emails him every day to ask about the stability of his Apple Horn 8 neck so I think Caparison would rather have greater neck stability on the TAT than slightly better fret access.

Regardless, I'm aiming at getting the Horus M3 blue/maple or the 20th anniversary Horus so I could care less about my small gripes with the TAT heel.

')