2018 Fifa World Cup Thread

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
2cy48pd.jpg

Kicks off June 14th in Russia. Looking forward to this. How do you think your country will do (if they have qualified) and who do you think will win the tournament? I stuck £100 on Spain to win only to find out this morning that they have sacked their manager 1 day before the tournament! :pissed:

Group A:
Russia
Saudi Arabia
Egypt
Uruguay

Group B
Portugal
Spain
Morocco
Iran

Group C
France
Australia
Peru
Denmark

Group D
Argentina
Iceland
Croatia
Nigeria

Group E
Brazil
Switzerland
Costa Rica
Serbia

Group F
Germany
Mexico
Sweden
Korea Republic

Group G
Belgium
England
Tunisia
Panama

Group H
Poland
Senegal
Colombia
Japan

StevenC

Needs a hobby
Reaction score
As ever, no horse in this race so I'm supporting Germany because they were the most fun to watch last time.

Shame the first game matchup is so low quality, but what a first goal of the tournament!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
As ever, no horse in this race so I'm supporting Germany because they were the most fun to watch last time.

Shame the first game matchup is so low quality, but what a first goal of the tournament!

I'm just bummed the team I actually support (Germany) is in with my homeland team that I also support (Sweden), bittersweet wins for me

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, that'll be a tough group for Sweden to come out of.

If Mexico's odds to win are any indication, they're a squad composed of garbage cans, so hopefully that helps them, but I expect Germany to take their first match, so even if that happens then they meet up in the next game

blacai

Reaction score
Spanish guy here living in Germany... after firing the coach two days before the first match I think this will be fun at least.
I don't care about football itself, but in Germany the atmosphere is really impressive.

Metropolis

Reaction score
I'm so bitter for the fact that Finland hasn't made it's way into any major tournament. Level in Europe is so damn high to get through qualifications.

I'll probably have my bet on Germany as always, if there is not any surprises of course.

SD83

Reaction score
Spain - Portugal was a great match, the other ones I've seen so far... not so much. Having no idea how good any of the other teams are, I'd say it's going to be one of those two. The Germans were rubbish in their last games, but the same was true for most of the last world cup until the game vs Brazil, so... you never know :D As much as I was rooting for Iceland, the performance of Argentina was rather disappointing.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
France and Argentina were quite disappointing today. Thought Iceland showed great team spirit and Peru rather unfortunate to not come away with at least a point against Denmark.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Well color me super disappointed, Germany down to Mexico in round 1

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Underwhelming Germany, Mexico was a big surprise

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Great result for Mexico. Germany will still qualify and be there or thereabouts as usual.

SD83

Reaction score
So... Mexico was way better than I expected, Germany... actually better than I expected in parts. Technically. They just seemed not to care if they won or lost. Horrible attitude. If they manage to play as if they'd want to win, I'd say the team has a lot of potential. A lot more than Argentina showed yesterday. Lets see how Brazil fares...

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Well played Switzerland, they managed to get back after the first goal: solid 1-1.
Brasil showed a lot of technicality, but not so much substance.