2018 Fifa World Cup Thread

• Thread starter IbanezDaemon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SD83

Reaction score
Well, apparently Egypt was even less good than the worst team... honestly, I thought they were the better team for most of the match. Not exactly great, but there were a lot of rather underwhelming games so far.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
So that's Russia and Uruguay through so far. Russia have been a revelation and Uruguay a big
disappointment. Thought Morocco were brill today as well and deserved something from their match against Portugal. Spain vs Iran kicking off now, just cracked my first beer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Iran 0 - Spain 1 final score. Spain for being such a technically brilliant side really do need a plan B
instead of death by passing all the time.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Argentina totally non existent, Croatia absolutely dominated the entire match: 3-0 for them.

SD83

Reaction score
Didn't see that coming at all. I only saw the second half, but that was entertaining. And the argentinean defense was absolutly hilarious at times, almost slapstick. Well done Croatia.

devastone

Reaction score
Definitely will be interesting to see who will go through at this point.

Theoretically Argentina isn't out yet, but they will have to show up and play their next game to have a shot and I'm not sure if that is going to happen.

Germany should be able to go through, but Sweden could have a good game against Mexico and spoil it.

Croatia has looked great so far.

Russia is through, but has only played one "real" team and didn't fare too well. Uruguay looked good in that game.

England v Belgium should be a good game on Thursday for first place in Group G.

The real fun starts this weekend!

SD83

Reaction score
Hilarious. But a bit predictable. Other teams fight, or at least give all they got. Except for the Germans. Way too much of "can't be bothered". I don't know who it was, but watching England - Tunesia, it was 6:0, one of the English players missed the goal and he was so mad at himself, if that guy would have been German and it was 0:6, he would have just shrugged and gone back to sleep. But what do you expect? Even when the performance is total rubbish the coach says they're on a mission to defend the title, if they win pretty much by accident he claims he's done everything right. It doesn't help that Löw apparently has long since stopped using actual performance on the field as a means to determine who is going to play in the next match...

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
I'm a bit bummed out that Germany has gone. Was looking forward to a last 16 match Vs Brazil. Still can't believe they didn't have Leroy Sane in the squad. I almost bet on Germany but Sane's omission was the reason I ended up plumping for Spain who aren't exactly playing all that well either.

SD83

Reaction score
Maybe someone should have told the spanish that you have to score goals to win :D Amazing save on that last shot by the Russian keeper.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
So far I'm really liking this world cup.
The underdog teams are showing a more solid teamplay than the "bigger" favorites.

Metropolis

Reaction score
Japan was a total underdog against Belgium, but they did score two times at the second half. After that Belgium had one lucky goal and a total awakening from their sleep, and ended 3-2 for Belgium. Japan could have even defend that 2-0 but they didn't which was very entertaining, totally one of the best games so far in this World Cup.

SD83

Reaction score
Apparently now it is "Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 120 minutes and at the end, the Croatians win". I'm definitly looking forward to that final. Who would have guessed the last match of the world cup is France - Croatia :D

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
I was hoping for Croatia-Belgium as final, but Croatia-France is fine too.

Latest posts