2018 Jackson Warrior (Pro?)

AzenBerries

Reaction score
Does anyone have any info on the new Dave Davidson Warrior he teased on Instagram? Really would love to know

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
There's a picture in the Jackson/charges speculation thread. There's more info in the I think

Attachments

• IMG_0771.PNG
    IMG_0771.PNG
    171.1 KB · Views: 134

Mathemagician

Reaction score
And Dave’s been posting hi-res closeups on his Instagram. Just FYI.

Edika

Reaction score
I suppose these will be Indo made. I really hope these come out good as I'm really tempted to buy this blindly. It will actually be my first new guitar in 5 years. But from what I heard about the pro line and a couple I've tried I wasn't that impressed.
What is the situation of the current Jackson pro line? Is it still try before you buy?

takotakumi

Reaction score
I suppose these will be Indo made. I really hope these come out good as I'm really tempted to buy this blindly. It will actually be my first new guitar in 5 years. But from what I heard about the pro line and a couple I've tried I wasn't that impressed.
What is the situation of the current Jackson pro line? Is it still try before you buy?
I have been craving a warrior 7 forever so I'm in the same boat.

The Indo Slat7s I have tried and dinkys have been very solid and great, but at the same time the cheaper Misha sigs were utter trash( Horrible Fretboard and fret ends).
So who knows, probably will order and return if its shit but I am way toooo tempted

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
definitely try before you buy. I tried 3 juggernaut pros and they all had very sharp fret ends and other issues you shouldn't be seeing at that price point. I also tried an RRx whatever pro model and it also had similar problems. Even the monarkh I tried (which is 800$ new ffs) had the sharp fret ends. Not deal breakers, but when comparably priced schecters and LTDs don't have those kind of issues, I wouldn't personally bother with low-mid end jacksons.

Edika

Reaction score
Hhmm so I either have to see if any shops in Ireland and N.Ireland in a decent driving distance will carry it or buy from a shop with a good return policy.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
definitely try before you buy. I tried 3 juggernaut pros and they all had very sharp fret ends and other issues you shouldn't be seeing at that price point. I also tried an RRx whatever pro model and it also had similar problems. Even the monarkh I tried (which is 800$ new ffs) had the sharp fret ends. Not deal breakers, but when comparably priced schecters and LTDs don't have those kind of issues, I wouldn't personally bother with low-mid end jacksons.

Every Jackson under $500 I have played in last 5 years had been fantastic.

My drummer just bought a $200 Rhoads and ita freaking fantastic for the price. No sharp fret... neck it didn't even need a setup and he bought it from guitar center!

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Every Jackson under $500 I have played in last 5 years had been fantastic.

My drummer just bought a $200 Rhoads and ita freaking fantastic for the price. No sharp fret... neck it didn't even need a setup and he bought it from guitar center!
I had the complete opposite experience with nearly every jackson I tried at guitar center. It's not like I went there once either, this was everytime I went in for a few months, trying any new jacksons they had. Might just be that their tech doesn't give a shit about setting guitars up, but either way, the whole experience soured me on low-mid tier jacksons unless they're used.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
I have been craving a warrior 7 forever so I'm in the same boat.

The Indo Slat7s I have tried and dinkys have been very solid and great, but at the same time the cheaper Misha sigs were utter trash( Horrible Fretboard and fret ends).
So who knows, probably will order and return if its shit but I am way toooo tempted

I haven't had any problems with the Juggernaut HT7's although my local where I purchased them from did a complementary set-up (including fret leveling/dressing if required) beforehand. They play phenomenally well. The only thing is that the book-matching on the flame tops are a little off, but considering the price and being indo-made I can forgive that.

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
I had the complete opposite experience with nearly every jackson I tried at guitar center. It's not like I went there once either, this was everytime I went in for a few months, trying any new jacksons they had. Might just be that their tech doesn't give a shit about setting guitars up, but either way, the whole experience soured me on low-mid tier jacksons unless they're used.

Dont let that sour your taste! Granted most guitars in that price are extremely hit or miss, I have found Jackson to the most consistent.

KnightBrolaire

Meth Detal
Reaction score
Dont let that sour your taste! Granted most guitars in that price are extremely hit or miss, I have found Jackson to the most consistent.
Again, that is completely the opposite of my experience lol. If anything I've found schecter/LTD to be the most consistent in the lower-mid priced tier of guitars, especially in the last couple of years. I think I'll stick with trying to track down MIJ rhoads or such for dirt cheap rather than buy an indian/indo made one.

cardinal

Buys guitars, sometimes plays them
Reaction score
Just set aside about $100 for a fret level and you’ll basically be set for nearly any guitar unless you’re super picky (like me :( ).

cwhitey2

BlackendCrust Metal™
Reaction score
Again, that is completely the opposite of my experience lol. If anything I've found schecter/LTD to be the most consistent in the lower-mid priced tier of guitars, especially in the last couple of years. I think I'll stick with trying to track down MIJ rhoads or such for dirt cheap rather than buy an indian/indo made one.

Can't argue with that statement!

')