2018: The year of metalcore band resurrections!

• Thread starter Silence2-38554
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lemeker

SS.org Slacker
Reaction score
The New Hopesfall is pretty much the only thing I'm really interested in. The two songs kick ass. I'm trying not to listen too much so I don't ruin the rest of the record. I'll more than likely be screaming like a girl during the Beatles invasion when it releases.

teqnick

The only person that liked the new Faceless album
Reaction score
Dudes,

what the fuck is this almost decade long degenerative disease that we call Parkway Drive ? Fucks sake, Prey sounded like an homage to Disturbed (sorry disturbed fans, but that's definitely NOT my shit.)

Speaking of Australia, how about new "I Killed The Prom Queen"

pretty sure Jona lurks on here occasionally, I may be mistaken .

duffbeer33

Reaction score
...Prey sounded like an homage to Disturbed (sorry disturbed fans, but that's definitely NOT my shit.)

Lol you hit the nail on the head with that one. Yeah I'm not digging their new sound at all. The overuse of the chorus/flange pedals on the guitar leads makes them sound like an 80's power metal band or something, which just doesn't work for them. I appreciated IRE for what it was, even though I all stopped listening to them as frequently after that release.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Just finished listening to Bullet For My Valentine's new album Gravity. Lyrical content was cheesy as usual but I wasn't expecting the music behind it. It's like they had a child with Linkin Park/insert alternative rock/metal band here. I kinda dig it. There's some good hooks in there!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
Really digging that new Unearth. Such a great band. Riffs for days.
Anyone else really liking the fact that said riffs (at least in this song) are tuned to A? As far as I know, that is a first for Unearth, and I hope there are more songs like it on the new album. :yesway:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They must be using drop A now. Its a good idea since they were in B standard and then tuned to Drop B so they were still playing in the key of B which made a lot of songs start to sound a bit samey.

Killer track!

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score
They must be using drop A now. Its a good idea since they were in B standard and then tuned to Drop B so they were still playing in the key of B which made a lot of songs start to sound a bit samey.

Killer track!
Agreed. Changing the tuning up (or down, in this case) helps this song sound fresh in the context of their older material. Bringing in DL (ex-The Acacia Strain) to help with the writing process probably had a bit to do with that as well.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They brought in someone outside the band to help with writing? Thats uncommon in metal but its something I wish a lot of bands would do since it can work so well for pop/rock musicians.

BusinessMan

Reaction score
It sounds a lot like a FFAA song and I'm totally okay with that since it still has Mr. McGrath sweeping all over the place. Love the song

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
Anyone else find the vocals on the new Unearth track a bit strange? Doesn’t sound like Trevor through a lot of the song. In fact, half way through listening to it I thought to myself “is Pettibone from Himsa doing guest vocals for this part?” I love me some Himsa but that vocals style seems super off for Unearth.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
They changed their vocals on the last album which I didn't really like, it was a bit more gravely and harder to decipher the lyrics. Maybe he is having vocal troubles cause he sounds like Matt Heafy on the new track and even pronounces syllables the same way as if he got tips. I know Matt blew his vocals out before.

Silence2-38554

Mobius Guitars
Reaction score
See, I didn’t have any issues with Watchers of Rule. In fact, that’s my second favorite of their albums behind Oncoming Storm & the vocals are great. None of this weird “screaming from the middle of my head” style like on the new track.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
speaking if unearthed...

i never got into them for whatever reason. what would you guys suggest as the best overall album to pick up?

Lindmann

SS.org Rectangular
Reaction score
Beat me to it. Can definitely tell it was produced by the FFAA dude by the guitar tone. Sounds similar to Absolute hope absolute hell. I dig it. The breakdown at the end is so heavy
Yeah. The lower tuning and the swith-over from Lewis to Putney gave it a totally different flavor.
I like it way better now.
Although it is undeniable that almost all Putney-produced albums sound very similar which clearly makes it a two-edged sword.

Last edited:

NosralTserrof

Reaction score
They brought in someone outside the band to help with writing? Thats uncommon in metal but its something I wish a lot of bands would do since it can work so well for pop/rock musicians.

I heard hearsay that Underoath did this on their newest record.

I dig old Underoath but I heard a *lot* of people hate on it.

Latest posts

')