2023 Jeff Hanneman. Just what Ive been looking for!!!!

• Thread starter mmr007
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

youngthrasher9

Ur Mom Is Too Much Gain
Reaction score
Why DID Kerry and Jeff stan Kahlers so hard in their careers?
Jeff was quoted saying he could pull up further on a kahler vs a Floyd.

As far as sig guitars for dead artists, one can only hope that his family gets a kick back from these. I’m sure they do for legal reasons but hopefully they have a say in new releases.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chanson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Is this identical to the previous one except for the inlays?

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
You play a certain bridge for years, and you get used to it. Kahler's are apparently really, really easy on the hand, both due to the feel and the fact they're slinkier than a Floyd.
Most of my early playing time was on a kahler and I have had several. They feel like home. They are insanely adjustable, you can palm mute like you would on a fixed bridge without going sharp, feels rock solid under your hand, since the cam sits behind the saddles you can pull up without the action lowering till it frets out, they allow for neck angle unlike recessed Floyd's so if you are transferring from a TOM it feels more natural than a Floyd, nowadays there are several different roller and cam materials to adjust your sound. Best fine tuners on planet earth, easier string changes.

There are downsides in that unless you slap the string lock right behind the nut your going to get the "kahlers don't stay in tune" problem. This can be rectified entirely on new builds by just putting a Floyd nut on. String breakage at the ball end is real but not extreme if you get the ball ends sitting properly in the hooks. Also you can't really flutter very well.

Trashgreen

Reaction score
So specs for this one says 42mm nut, his signature is normally 41mm, wounder if ESP changed this or they did the usual typo "can't get the specs right"??

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
Interestingly the nut width decreased on his sigs over the years from when it was introduced large scale in 2004. I would imagine that his personal preference no longer a factor they may be going back to his original specs assuming based on other ESP/LTD offerings 41mm is not very popular with buyers.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Interestingly the nut width decreased on his sigs over the years from when it was introduced large scale in 2004. I would imagine that his personal preference no longer a factor they may be going back to his original specs assuming based on other ESP/LTD offerings 41mm is not very popular with buyers.
Could also be ESP sticking to 42mm nuts due to supply issues.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
Nothing about that really says Hanneman.
Except for the all black ESP, Kahler & heineken star inlays.

Not sure I agree with LTD models having a 'CTM' moniker. Should be reserved for ESP custom shop models.

ClownShoes

Reaction score
Cool, but not $1700 cool. Ltd prices are stupid these days.
It's just the way import sig guitars are going. The EVH import Frankenstein is way overpriced, yet boomers ate it up.

The older the target market, the more they can afford it.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Except for the all black ESP, Kahler & heineken star inlays.

Not sure I agree with LTD models having a 'CTM' moniker. Should be reserved for ESP custom shop models.
All black guitars aren’t solely a Hanneman thing.

Adieu

Reaction score
Wasn't he dead?

How does that not prevent people from releasing new signature models in this day and age?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't he dead?

How does that not prevent people from releasing new signature models in this day and age?

Jimi Hendrix died like 50 years ago and has had more signature gear than like at least two members of Periphery.

As long as there are fans and estates that want cash posthumous signature stuff will be a thing.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't he dead?

I'm guessing the proceeds go to his estate, like Dime's did.

Ross82

Reaction score
Ooooooooh now that is interesting. I was just watching an EC-JH600 on reverb but I was too slow to act on and sold. I'll be watching this with interest!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Wasn't he dead?

The JH600 isn't exactly new. It's decades old. They just refreshed it with new inlays. Even if you wanna move goalposts somehow and call this "new", one new guitar in the span of a decade since Hanneman's death isn't something I'd consider tasteless. This isn't Dimebag brain rot.

Seabeast2000

Deathcult® NPC
Reaction score
Jimi Hendrix died like 50 years ago and has had more signature gear than like at least two members of Periphery.

As long as there are fans and estates that want cash posthumous signature stuff will be a thing.

Wasn't there like a huge gap in JH sig stuff and his death? I always got the impression someone got ahold of the family much later on then started building the brand in earnest. Quite successfully of course.

Latest posts

')