2027 bridge/neck pickup

• Thread starter 7 Dying Trees
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Mind Riot said:
Actually, yes. That makes it pretty clear. :cool:

So, what you're saying is that JP is just like all the rest of us who try something new, declare it to be the end all be all of awesomeness and total world dominating guitar tone and setup, then try something else and switch and start talking about how the old setup was awesome, but there was always this little thing that bugged us...;)

Man, are guitarists predictable or what? :D
You nailed it on the head, dude.

But! The Blaze Custom DOES kick ass, in a level of magnitude that is sufficient to deserve praise and comment (from moi), over the aforementioned pickups IMO. :D

(Honestly, I think the TZ7 would be a GREAT pup, paired with the PAF7 or AN7, for jazz. One of the best bridge pups ever for it. But it has some issues for other forms of music, especially metal. That doesn't mean it wouldn't be perfect for someone's sound, however. It depends on the user, and Ijust want to offer the benefits of my experience. I've played enough of these bridge pickups it seems to have something to say.)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
Well, thanks to Eric I will be (eventually, as I want a green one so the UV looks, well, "right" again ;)) soon able to see, as I've ordered a Blaze Custom. Should be cool :)

Thansk for the advice, I am keeping the JB7 in mind as years ago when i first joined jemsite a dude on there with the uhe prestige or CT that's like the 2027 had a clip up there of that with a JB7 through a rivera, and it laid waste, sounded really cool.

But first to try the BC :p

Next up is the neck position. It has a PaF7, which to me just doesn't have that "meat" for soloing in the neck position. It's nice an all, but a bit characterless...?

Drache713

Contributor
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
Well, thanks to Eric I will be (eventually, as I want a green one so the UV looks, well, "right" again ;)) soon able to see, as I've ordered a Blaze Custom. Should be cool :)

Thansk for the advice, I am keeping the JB7 in mind as years ago when i first joined jemsite a dude on there with the uhe prestige or CT that's like the 2027 had a clip up there of that with a JB7 through a rivera, and it laid waste, sounded really cool.

But first to try the BC :p

Next up is the neck position. It has a PaF7, which to me just doesn't have that "meat" for soloing in the neck position. It's nice an all, but a bit characterless...?
thick and meaty, yet clear and articulate - Air Norton 7. Hands down. \m/

')