2027 on ebay

• Thread starter NewArmyGuitar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
See though Dark Wolf, I like the CST finishes, the flamed tops. Those look good, altho not metal. But the VV finish I think Ibanez could have done much better.

If they didn't make the 2127X, I'd have prolly eventually bought a 2027X.

Or blew the wad on a CST when I found the chance.
The VV finish looks SO MUCH better in person... especially in a dimmer light. It's gorgeous (But shhh, Rog... I actually slightly prefer the 2127 finish :lol: Natural finishes just own all, don't they? And a black natural finish.... shit, that's the bees knees, brother)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jim777

Seen all good people
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I saw that it's in Jersey so I emailed him and asked if I could come check it out. If I can I will and let you all know the particulars afterwards. I'm not interested in it myself at the moment, just to see if I can play it :lol:

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
jim777 said:
I saw that it's in Jersey so I emailed him and asked if I could come check it out. If I can I will and let you all know the particulars afterwards. I'm not interested in it myself at the moment, just to see if I can play it :lol:
Cool! Thanks man. :yesway:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
The VV finish looks SO MUCH better in person... especially in a dimmer light. It's gorgeous (But shhh, Rog... I actually slightly prefer the 2127 finish :lol: Natural finishes just own all, don't they? And a black natural finish.... shit, that's the bees knees, brother)

Nah, not really. I like metallic finishes (prolly cuz I'm a hot-rod car guy). Like I said, the only reason I bought it was because black = metal. VV = Jazz.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
Nah, not really. I like metallic finishes (prolly cuz I'm a hot-rod car guy). Like I said, the only reason I bought it was because black = metal. VV = Jazz.
Me, I love natural finishes. First time I saw the Reb Beach Ibanez waaaaaaay back in the day in an Ibanez catalog, not long after I began playing, I was hooked.

But you're saying you don't like the finish on the 2127? (apart from its blackness) :scratch:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
The Dark Wolf said:
Me, I love natural finishes. First time I saw the Reb Beach Ibanez waaaaaaay back in the day in an Ibanez catalog, not long after I began playing, I was hooked.

But you're saying you don't like the finish on the 2127? (apart from its blackness) :scratch:

It's ok, but I'd rather it was finished like the JEM7DBK. I love that textured rhino lining look! (Which is what I'ma do to my LTD MF-207). It's better than the VV finish is the bottom line.

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Regor said:
It's ok, but I'd rather it was finished like the JEM7DBK. I love that textured rhino lining look! (Which is what I'ma do to my LTD MF-207). It's better than the VV finish is the bottom line.
Huh! Well, diff'rent strokes fer diff'rent folks, as they say! Me, I like the VV and TKF finishes waaaaaaaay more than the DBK. That is a very... odd? finish. (But it's vague similarity to the UV is pretty cool, I guess. Sorta :lol: Not my cup of tea, really.)

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
7 Dying Trees said:
I do like the VV finish, it is nicer in person than the pictures you see of it. Don't think that the black works as well showing of the wood, although if it was a flame top then it would be very very cool to have it in black. I keep wondering wether it'd be worth the money to have a top put on mine, a nice quilt :p and then finish it in translucent violet :p (bookmatching the headstock as well) or wether this would devalue the guitar!

Would look awesome cool though!
Sadly I think it would destroy the value of the guitar, but it would look awesome. :hbang: Natural flame maple binding to the whole guitar like the RG8670 would finish it off beautifully. :agreed:

7 Dying Trees

Forum MVP
Reaction score
7th Ethereal Plane of interstellar hell, Innit Bru
metalfiend666 said:
Sadly I think it would destroy the value of the guitar, but it would look awesome. :hbang: Natural flame maple binding to the whole guitar like the RG8670 would finish it off beautifully. :agreed:
i know, it's a shame really, as you could get a replacement body, but then wouldn't be able to bookmatch the headstock :(

Am still thinking about it though :) , and then have an ebony board put on as well :lol:

May as well buy a CST IF you could find one.

sepsis311

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
i never liked the 2027. It looks odd, like a CT or CST skinned alive.

A lot of dean guitar players had a problem for some time, their guitars they ordered were supposed to have a flame top, but the tops were acidentally left off when the guitars were built. These are known as lametops. Interesting how one group of players love it, and another hate it.

Freddie

aka zEr0
Reaction score
sepsis311 said:
A lot of dean guitar players had a problem for some time, their guitars they ordered were supposed to have a flame top, but the tops were acidentally left off when the guitars were built.

That sounds like a pretty big problem!
:noway:

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
Well it finally came in. It looks brand new. Does anybody have what all the buttons and switches are supposed to do. Here are a few pics, enjoy!

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
ajdehoogh said:
Well it finally came in. It looks brand new. Does anybody have what all the buttons and switches are supposed to do. Here are a few pics, enjoy!
The first control knob is the magnetic volume control.

The second control knob, the one below the volume, is the piezo volume.

The third knob, the one farthest back and closest to the output jacks, is the magnetic tone control.

The 5-way blade switch is the pickup selector. Positions are
1) all the way back- bridge humbucker
2) in between bridge and neck coil cut. Strat 'quack' sound
3) both humbuckers, series
4) neck humbucker, parallel (sounds like a single coil, but no hum)
5) all the way forward- neck humbucker

2-way mini toggle switch is UP) piezo bridge pickups DOWN) magnetic pickups

Little black push botton is MODE SELECT. Pushed down it's in MONO mode. Both magnetic and piezo are routed to one output jack (the bottom one, closest to the neck). In up position, it's in stereo mode, and the magnetics are routed to the bottom jack, the piezo is routed to the upper jack (the one closest to the strap button).

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
^ :bowdown: Thanks Wolf. I can see why these don't show up to often. They are quite simply the most versatile guitars that are out there. :evil: :cheers:

Latest posts

')