2228 project started :)

• Thread starter yevetz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
isn't there an ibanez like that out? i swear i've seen puzzle pieces before

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
i still say go with something subtle and decorative. but you should do a mock up of your current puzzle idea. i'd like to see what you're talking about :yesway:

img0892a.jpeg

vansinn

Reaction score
i still say go with something subtle and decorative. but you should do a mock up of your current puzzle idea. i'd like to see what you're talking about :yesway:

img0892a.jpeg

I like this a lot! Interweaving patterns, reminding me a Bit like new school tatto's, and not overdone, because they're open and fat lines aren't used.
I think those looks the best when the body underneath is finished to an uneven, slightly messy looks. A clean surface may look too nice and sterile.

Do patterns like those have a name to them? - I'll want to do some studying..

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score

img0892a.jpeg

YES!!! PERFECT!!!

of course, i have no idea what Vova likes, but to me that is awesome as hell :p

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Seriously! I'm currently sanding my s470L and I got the back to where there was no paint left in about 3 and 1/2 hours. I thought I was making great time. But upon closer inspection there's a clear coat and its taking FOREVER to sand..especially by hand!

No shit - my RG7321 has taken so long I'm having to leave 2 or 3 days in between sanding sessions so I don't get too pissed off and screw it up, :lol:. There's about 5mm of fucking plastic before you get to the wood!

@Yevetz: Damn, you got lucky with the grain of that basswood! Really nice stuff, and it's good to see that at least you get a one piece body for the price you pay, haha.

You was right, that clear coat is fucking bulletproof. I was sanding it tOOOOO LONG....

So here the pics :)

DSCF1267.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

DSCF1269.jpg

DSCF1270.jpg

DSCF1271.jpg

DSCF1272.jpg

DSCF1273.jpg

matttttYCE

Reaction score
that "clear coat" would be sanding sealer/grain filler

Actually, I believe it's called a big fucking pain in the ass! :lol:
But seriously, thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: The 2228 is coming along nicely. Any more ideas as to what your going to do with it? Something more along the lines of the tribal things picture? Or possibly something else? Also you've only been hand sanding this, right? Or am I mistaken?

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Actually, I believe it's called a big fucking pain in the ass! :lol:
But seriously, thanks for pointing that out.

Edit: The 2228 is coming along nicely. Any more ideas as to what your going to do with it? Something more along the lines of the tribal things picture? Or possibly something else? Also you've only been hand sanding this, right? Or am I mistaken?

I'll burn a puzzles on a top and stain it in different colors.

I was try to use sanding machine, but I fail. So yes all work was by a hand

yevetz

I am a COCK!!!!!!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
So I am make a decision to put a maple veneers on a top and back, I dunno what it will be quilted or flame or maybe something else, I'll choose when I'll be in a woodshop, next week I think. Veneer will be glued by professional luthier that was work for Fodera Stat Pokatilo. I am exited :)

Crescent2k6

Reaction score
Nice job sanding it haha I tried doing exactly the same thing to my 1527 with an electric sander and screwed up the edges pretty bad (forgot how soft basswood was). Now I have no more 1527 body :( (or rather a misshapen one with a screwed up neck joint), at least the neck wasn't touched. Anyway yeah congrats haha good luck on whatever you end up deciding what you want to do with it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
sexy color choices :yesway:

so did you get your hands on that laser burner, thingamajig?

')