24.3/4" String gauge for drop B

Tjerd1

Reaction score
Hi guys
I want to ask what string gauge is better for drop b tuning on my Godin Redline 1 -24.3/4" scale-.
Thanks in advance :hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elrrek

Contributor
Reaction score
13-56, I have that on 24 5/8s and 25.5 scale guitars in C and B.
Works fine for me, can even do dropped A# with reasonable tension but if you want it TIGHT and to avoid "boing" you might want to go heavier.

McBrain

Reaction score
I use .013-.062 with a plain .022 3rd string.

Edit: I misread the title. This is what I use for B-standard.

Dominthebox

Reaction score
I've tried experimenting with some lower tunings on my PRS custom 22 which is 25" scale, when I was tuning to drop B I used the D'addario EXL-148 12-60 Extra Heavy set. I like my strings on the tighter side usually :lol: But the problem I ran into was the Low B string and the F# string sounded too muddy when played together when distorted and I couldn't achieve clarity with the Low B string. They sounded amazing on a clean channel tho and I came to the conclusion that the problem had to be either with the PRS Dragon II pickups not being able to handle the lower tunings or the fact that I have one of those PRS stoptails WITHOUT the individual string saddles for intonation, I'm guessing it was a combination of both.

Also although I never mind having these threads, it's only a matter of time before somebody posts this
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/be...per-thread-got-string-question-post-here.html

Dvaienat

Reaction score
Buy a set of 11-52 or 12-52 gauges, and replace the 52 with a 60 or 62. Works perfectly for standard tension.

astm

Reaction score
I would buy an 11s 7string set and remove the first string

CapinCripes

Trem Snob
Reaction score
i can pull off a stable drop b on my 24 5/8 inch scale St3 with 11-48 but as far as feel goes anything less than 11s in standard or 12s in D feels plain wrong to me.

')