24.5" manufacturers?

• Thread starter tpl2000
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
O7

I've figured out recently that PRS SE Santana guitars have a 24.5" scale, and a wonderful bridge pickup.

For death metal.

So, I'm trying to figure out which manufactuers also do a 24.5" scale--the harmonics I can accomplish with this scale are much more satisfying than the typical 25.5" or 25" scales I've been using.

Anyone know of any manufacturers or models with the same scale?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
ESP Eclipse and EC series, Viper, Maverick aka MV
Hagstrom Ultra Swede
Rickenbacker
Godin
Fender Stratosonic
Ibanez Artcore series

Warmoth makes conversion necks for strats and teles.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
BC Rich does some 24 5/8" IIRC.
Gibson and clones are 24 3/4"

I didn't know about the 4 5/8", but I did know about the Gibson 24.75" scale. Still, I'm mostly looking towards the 24.5" scale (I have never been much of a les paul/singlecut fan.)

SensesTied

Reaction score
I have one of those PRS se 245s and the pickups could be better but I play death metal on it in d standard and it sounds pretty good. Its also good for other styles as well. But back on topic I can't think of any other companies offhand that have a 24.5"scale that haven't been mentioned.

HurrDurr

Lord of all Things
Reaction score
Squier/Fender Jaguars are all 24" scale. With the exception of some of their 'modified' series models and the 'Jagmaster', but for the most part they're all 24" scale.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
(in reference to the statement about 24.5" producing a unique/specific harmonics)-

Remember, every string kind of has a different scale length anyways after the saddles are adjusted for intonation, so I wouldn't worry much about a quarter inch or even a half.
I also like short scales very much.

tpl2000

Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss.
Reaction score
(in reference to the statement about 24.5" producing a unique/specific harmonics)-

Remember, every string kind of has a different scale length anyways after the saddles are adjusted for intonation, so I wouldn't worry much about a quarter inch or even a half.
I also like short scales very much.

Yeah, I've intonated guitars myself--it's certainly a valid point. However, if the fretboard is scaled differently, the intonation shouldn't make a huge difference if the intonation is set correctly on all my instruments. I'm really just saying that PRS advertises it on their website as 24.5",.

(Really, I'm just talking about the harmonics I can hit on the low D in drop D. I can actually hit the exact same harmonic p+1 whole step] as Malone hits in The Face Of My Innocence, by Arsis. )

I really can't seem to hit the correct harmonic with any of my guitars right now. (Haven't tested it out on my Syn-Gates, but that's in the repair shop right now)

Kwert

Reaction score
A lot of Godin models are 24.5, and they're beautiful instruments for the money. Really high quality materials and craftsmanship, but unfortunately no real resale value to speak of. I own a Summit CT and it's one of the ballsiest guitars i've played.

Peffel84

Reaction score
i did research couple of months a go, the following guitars are 24.75"

Sorry for the double post, but i like lists deal with it!

Ltd RA600
Ltd MV series
Caparison Horus (check the C2 series)
Caparison Angelus (check the C2 series)
Schecter C1 custom
Godin Redline
Jackson Fusion Models
Peavey vanderberg

this is what i can come up with from the top of my head...

EDIT: Oops these are not 24,5"...

Drusas

exhibit-sbt
Reaction score
I play a cross between thrash/death and I absolutely favor the Eclipse-II models. So much so I just picked up a second one. :)

')