24.75 superstrats?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Yeah Charvel 750xl's are a fine example of the short scale. I loved how the one I owned played. Now I try to get the shortscale whenever possible.

DSCN3831.jpg

ch1.jpg

TheSixthWheel

bangetzit
Reaction score
Ibanez sf somethin somethin... its the only S series with a TOM bridge it has a 24.75 I believe.

You're spot on. I have an Ibanez SF470 which I recently naturalised. I was informed by HaGGuS (the previous owner) that it has a 24.75" Viper neck. TOM bridge, Mahogany body.
aDSCF1605.jpg

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
In addition to the ESP LTD MV-200, there was also the neckthru MV-300. I had a real ESP MV-USA for awhile, which was a nice guitar, though in the end I didn't have much use for it.

The only mahogany-bodied Jackson Fusion was the HH with the natural finish. The black-finished HH is basswood, just like all of the other Fusions. Maybe some of the USA Fusions had poplar bodies, but they mostly have solid graphic finishes, so it's difficult to tell.

Probably the easiest-to-find 24.75" superstrats are the pre-1993 Carvins. They come up on eBay all the time. If it's a neckthru Carvin with a rounded neck heel and a large logo on the headstock, it's a 1988-92 guitar with the 24.75" scale.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dual humbucker Japanese ones were. There are also some Ash ones but I can't seem to find any info on those and the JCF isn't extremely helpful.

They were pretty rare, though, 'cause I think it was a limited-finish option. Most were basswood.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Charvel 750XL, played by Shawn Lane in the 90s, was made from 1988 to 1989 and is 24.75 inch scale.
If Shawn Lane made it his weapon of choice for a while, it must have had damn good playability.

The Jackson Soloist Pro Archtop is 24.75, and mahogany (but much thinner), as well. They're pricey, but nice guitars.

Latest posts

')