25 scale 7-string

• Thread starter jforsythe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jforsythe

jforsythe
Reaction score
I know the subject of scale length has been tossed around many times and the general consensus is that 25.5 is the recommended minimum scale length for a 7-string, but has anyone played a 25.0 inch scale 7-string? How was the tone? How was the intonation on the upper frets?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Pardon my n00bness, but do they even make 25.0 inch 7s?

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Nik said:
Pardon my n00bness, but do they even make 25.0 inch 7s?

Well, PRS will make you a 25.1" 7-string....for a TON of $$$.
Then, there's always the 24.75" 7-strings. Close enough.

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Shannon said:
Well, PRS will make you a 25.1" 7-string....for a TON of $$$.
Then, there's always the 24.75" 7-strings. Close enough.

But what's the point? Is it for people with small hands?

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i suppose if you string it up with big strings it'd be cool...

XEN

BEYOND 6UITAR & B4SS
Contributor
Reaction score
The Ibanez AX7521 and 7221 are 24.75", and as funny as it sounds, for an ugly guitar the 7521 played extremely well for me. I liked the different scale length as well as the sound and feel. Bends were easierand the strings seemed to ring out more than they do on a standard RG7321. Just my opinion.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Warmoth's 7 string parts are 25" scale. I have to admit, I was surprised the AX I played sounded as good as it did, being short-scale, so I'd the 25" would be OK, the low B just might not resonante quite as much as a 25.5". The harmonic content will definitely be different...

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Behold, The Gus G1 seven string: http://www.gusguitars.com/product.php?model_id=3 Innovative composite construction, great sounds according to the reviews, ugly as fuck and only available in 25" scale.

Strangely enough, you don't see anybody playing Gus guitars. Can't think why...

Damn near unreadable website, too - light gray on white don't work so well. :)

+1 on the ugly. My Washburn is Angelina Jolie compared to that thing.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Behold, The Gus G1 seven string: http://www.gusguitars.com/product.php?model_id=3 Innovative composite construction, great sounds according to the reviews, ugly as fuck and only available in 25" scale.

Strangely enough, you don't see anybody playing Gus guitars. Can't think why...

I like it. I'm sure there's no way I could afford one, and it couldn't be my main guitar, so that pretty much let's me out, though. Still, I love innovation. That case is incredible! You'd definitely get some attention anywhere you took it.

Re the 25 scale, I've never played one. I can say that I really like the longer scale on the C-7s.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Ancestor said:
I like it. I'm sure there's no way I could afford one, and it couldn't be my main guitar, so that pretty much let's me out, though. Still, I love innovation. That case is incredible! You'd definitely get some attention anywhere you took it.

Re the 25 scale, I've never played one. I can say that I really like the longer scale on the C-7s.
I'm all up for innovation, and I'm sure it sounds great, but it just looks like shit. If I had an unlimited budget, I'd give one a go for a studio guitar. I just don't think I could play it live. It just looks to strange. But not as strange as these http://www.teuffelguitars.de/instrumente/instruments_e.html

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
i see how looks mean everything right guys? no matter how good a guitar plays or sound it is all about the looks? GUS guitars I wonder if they even sound good...and yes the website stinks too!!! The GUS guitars remind me of a cross between a PARKER/Washburn Sonic?

eaeolian

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jerich said:
i see how looks mean everything right guys? no matter how good a guitar plays or sound it is all about the looks? GUS guitars I wonder if they even sound good...and yes the website stinks too!!! The GUS guitars remind me of a cross between a PARKER/Washburn Sonic?

Hey, I own a Sonic BECAUSE it sounds/plays good - that doesn't remove the fact that it's ugly. :lol: The GUS might be awesome, but it's not visually appealling, which can be a problem when marketing...

filipe200x

Custom is better
Reaction score
i own a 25" seven, and i tell you that this lenght is not good. the space between the frets is to small, and being a 24 fret guitar it makes almost impossible to play on the last 2 frets.

the next seven i'll order, i'll order it either 25.5" or the schecter lenght (i guess its 26.75" or something..).

Don't recomend to anyone, even the ones with small hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')