27" Scale Ibanez question

• Thread starter Rev2010
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
Do the 27" scale Ibanez's come only as bolt on? Recently I was thinking how awesome it would be to have the sound of my Schecter C-7 as well as the scale length but with the nice slim flat neck of an Ibanez also with the forearm body contour.

I'm asking asking cause I've become accustomed to the set neck on my C-7 and it's incredible sustain. So... does Ibanez have anything non custom past or present that is extended scale seven string and set neck or neck through body or is this only a custom thing for the most part nowadays? Thanks for any info anyone can lend.

Rev.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ajdehoogh

blarg
Contributor
Reaction score
I have a RG1077XL. It is a bolt on as most if not all Iba 7's. Only way you could get a set neck with the extended scale is the custom route. I may be wrong though.

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
ajdehoogh said:
I have a RG1077XL. It is a bolt on as on all Iba 7's. Only way you could get a set neck with the extended scale is the custom route.

That just about covers it (with my little omissions ;) ).

DURBANS

Reaction score
They should put out a neck-through body 7 stringer. I personally don't like bolt-on guitars, maybe I do for a Strat or Tele, but not for a rock/metal guitar.

I play a 7 string Ibanez 1527, but someday, when I'm rich or something, I'd go for a custom made Jackson 6 string tuned down to B.

This would be my basic specs:

Body and neck made of mahogany
Neck-Through
Black
King V shape
Bound fingerboard and headstock
Sharkfin inlays
Floyd Rose Pro tremolo
2 EMG 81's
2 volume knobs (no tone knob)
3 way selector switch (actually, if there'd be a 2 way switch, I'd go with that)

How's that? It would cost around $4600 :(

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
DURBANS said:

Neck-Through
Black
King V shape
Sharkfin inlays
Floyd Rose Pro tremolo
2 EMG 81's
3 way selector switch (actually, if there'd be a 2 way switch, I'd go with that)

Damn, for a second I was gonna say why not pick up the Dave Mustaine V but then realized it's a fixed bridge. The Mustaine model is mahogany neck and body, neck through, and has a bound fretboard and headstock. Combine that with some body routing and your EMG's you can come quite close for a hell of a lot less... except not FR trem.

Rev.

DaveZ

Reaction score
DURBANS said:
They should put out a neck-through body 7 stringer. I personally don't like bolt-on guitars, maybe I do for a Strat or Tele, but not for a rock/metal guitar.

I play a 7 string Ibanez 1527, but someday, when I'm rich or something, I'd go for a custom made Jackson 6 string tuned down to B.

Neck-Through
Black
King V shape
Sharkfin inlays
Floyd Rose Pro tremolo
2 EMG 81's

You could get a guitar with those specs for much less, check out the custom guitar that is being built for me here - http://www.zatuchney.com/kxk

Dave Z

DURBANS

Reaction score
Ya I know, but I happen to like Jacksons :D

Plus, the Dave Mustaine model has the ugly looking headstock and standard Gibson V shape (Im talking about the Jackson one), I hate the ESP model.

Oh, and I'd never buy a signature guitar...

')