28 Fret Strictly 7 Rattler w/ BKP's

• Thread starter PollutedSanctum
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

PollutedSanctum

Reaction score
28 frets, Kahler Pro Tremelo, Black limba, as for the neck, its a 5 piece maple walnut, and the pups - BKP Cold Sweats :D Epic.

Got several pictures at various stages in the building process. Jim's been great and as shown by the last picture the fruits of his labor look sweet. Whole thing cost like 2.5k, it should be here within the week (after like a year of waiting, I guess he's really in demand).

So stoked! What do you guys think? It's the one on TOP. The guitar is being made for technical death metal/jazz purposes. :shred:

img2011030600083.jpg

img2011061800145.jpg

img2011072200259.jpg

img2011081500302.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Are you getting it finished with a color, or just keeping it natural? I can't help but think those purple pickups look really out of place. :2c:

Though, it's not my guitar, so ignore me. :lol:

I can't say I ever liked that shape before, but given the woods used it actually looks pretty classy.

PollutedSanctum

Reaction score
Hehe, yea keeping it natural. But yea, the purple pick ups, I think they fit the vibe of my music (alien and dark). And imo with a natural finish, any color kind of fits. Glad you like the shape with the wood. It's kind of like jazzy but metal at the same time

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I just realized this, but I don't think the guitar in progress up top in the first picture is your guitar.

PollutedSanctum

Reaction score
OH! I think it's a rough cut of my guitar, but not the same thing. Like a test or something? I'm not really very savvy but I think that's what it said in the email hehe. Btw what do you think of Kahler Pro Tremelos? And how hard are tremelos to maintain? Never had one before (a tremelo in general) o.o

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Kahlers are relatively easy to maintain. Hard to restring, though.

That guitar looks really good to me, but I can't tell the difference between purple and blue.

anne

No privacy hedge.
Reaction score
As far as extreme shapes go, I am kind of okay with that one. Nice!

noizfx

Behold the ONI!
Reaction score
I can't say I ever liked that shape before, but given the woods used it actually looks pretty classy.

I agree, I was never a fan of that shape, but this wood combination makes it look quite different, in a good way that is!

rippedflesh89

Reaction score
the guitar looks sick scott... im sure your stoked to actually start learning songs on a 7 string! if you have any problems w/that trem, just hit me up

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
So that's yours! Cool. Jim sent me a picture of that, because I've been wanting a neck through Rattler 8 for a while now. I want to get a rev 8 HS and a different wood, but otherwise very similar (including a Kahler) to your R7. Don't be shy with that NGD when you get your hands on that bad boy!

SD83

Reaction score
i definately love it
Me too, that shape + the woods + the quality of the work = epic guitar :hbang:The purple PUs look weird though... hope we'll get a NGD with lots of pics ;) (I'd love to see one with a plain maple top so it would look kinda like the one in the first pic)

BodyOrigami

Reaction score
He is currently workin out the details with his hollow bodies. Don't think you can order one yet though.

PollutedSanctum

Reaction score
New pictures! The guitar is shipping tomorrow and will be here Friday. :D Can't wait to get my hands on it. Will update when I do. Also, I plan on either getting teal knobs, or painting them teal, and getting neon green strings. I think that'd be sick. Really would go with the other worldy alien vibe my band is going for. OR neon green knobs and teal strings? Something like that. Also, if you don't like the purple, what would go better?

img2011082300336.jpg

img2011082300337.jpg

img2011082300338.jpg

img2011082300339.jpg

img2011082300340.jpg

img2011082300342.jpg

')