2x12 cabinet (Celestion Mesa Black Shadow vs Eminence Commonwealth)

2x12 cabinet V30 + ???

• Celestion Mesa Black Shadow

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Eminence Commonwealth

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Hi, guys!
I'm going through something kinda hard:
I got a 2x12 cabinet with just one celestion V30 and I'm thinking about buying another one (but not another v30). I'm between an used Mesa Black Shadow and a new Eminence Commonwealth. Have you guys tried some of these mixes? Some tip or any help? I use to play 7 strings guitar and modern metal.. I am looking forward for your replies.

Ps: Sorry for my english.. not my first language!

Best Regards!
Thank you!! :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DudeManBrother

Hey...how did everybody get in my room?
Reaction score
Is your V30 8 ohm or 16 ohm? I don’t know if they make a Commonwealth in 16 ohm, which is the typical resistance of speakers in 2x12 cabinets. Either way, Black Shadow c90’s do sound nice with V30’s, but make sure the resistance matches before you buy anything.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I really enjoy V30 with a G12K. Sometimes G12K-85's from old Peavey cabs can be found for a little less.

Recently I was thinking it might be cool to try the the C90 shadow with G12K, anyone ever try that?

Reaction score
Is your V30 8 ohm or 16 ohm? I don’t know if they make a Commonwealth in 16 ohm, which is the typical resistance of speakers in 2x12 cabinets. Either way, Black Shadow c90’s do sound nice with V30’s, but make sure the resistance matches before you buy anything.

Both are 8 ohm. Somehow deep in my heart i knew Black Shadow + V30 would be a great choice.
Thank you, DudeManBrother!

Reaction score
I really enjoy V30 with a G12K. Sometimes G12K-85's from old Peavey cabs can be found for a little less.

Recently I was thinking it might be cool to try the the C90 shadow with G12K, anyone ever try that?

Thank you for the tip, cGoEcYk! I don't know this speaker but I'll look for some comparison in YT! :)

Latest posts

')