3 noob questions

• Thread starter malufet
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

malufet

ss.org Irregular
Reaction score
1. what is the difference 250k and 500k pot?
2. When replacing pickups can i still use my stock pickup rings whether f-spaced or regular?
3. Can i replace my "licensed floyd rose" to Original floyd rose or ibanez bridges with original floyds? no routing pls.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
the 250k will bleed off more highs than will the 500k. also, you'll have greater dynamic range with the 500k. most single coil pickup guitars run 250k's, whereas most humbucker guitars run 500k's, but you can change them out and experiment all you want. the 25k pots are pretty much just for active electronics.

yeah, you should be able to use them. f-spacing is more of a cosmetic issue of the strings lining up with the pole pieces on the pickups.

i think so, but i'm not 100%.

Dylan7620

that guy
Reaction score
i know the TRS models can be swapped for original floyds but the edge trems are different. but many agree that the edge models are on par or surpass that of the real floyd. i'd say it comes down to preference.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Leon said:
the 250k will bleed off more highs than will the 500k. also, you'll have greater dynamic range with the 500k. most single coil pickup guitars run 250k's, whereas most humbucker guitars run 500k's, but you can change them out and experiment all you want. the 25k pots are pretty much just for active electronics.

yeah, you should be able to use them. f-spacing is more of a cosmetic issue of the strings lining up with the pole pieces on the pickups.

i think so, but i'm not 100%.

:agreed:

Some trems will swap...but some wont. If you can, check out the dimentions. I'm pretty sure a LFR will swap with an OFR, but any sort of Edge might require a little routing. Keep in mind, I've never done that myself, though.

Leon, look at your reputation, man!

Latest posts