3 or 5 wires?

• Thread starter Born4metal85
  • Start date
  • Tags
    wire
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Born4metal85

Reaction score
I am about to buy an emg 707 or a seymour duncan blackout. Blackout seems way better for me but!!!!
Emg 707: 5 wires
Blackout: 3 wires

Does this wiring effect anything? At blackout I saw 425 mv but at emg I saw nothing about milivolts. I didn't find anything in the forum about these. Anybody knows anything?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Millivolts, firstly, is only comparable to measurements from the same brand.

Second, the four or 2 (5 or 3) conductors are just the difference between being able to split the coils of the pickups or not.

If you buy a switch and change the wiring around a bit, you can use the switch to split the coils of the 707 to use it as a single coil.

I'd actually recommend the 81-7 if this is for the bridge.

Born4metal85

Reaction score
Millivolts, firstly, is only comparable to measurements from the same brand.

Second, the four or 2 (5 or 3) conductors are just the difference between being able to split the coils of the pickups or not.

If you buy a switch and change the wiring around a bit, you can use the switch to split the coils of the 707 to use it as a single coil.

I'd actually recommend the 81-7 if this is for the bridge.

Dude you are awesome!!! So that's why you get the switches in the package for the 707

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Lol apparently so, I didn't know they came with switches, but yes that'd be why.