30" 7-string 2013?

• Thread starter Unrest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

signalgrey

Ambiente Savante
Reaction score
This will be used for clean dark sounds and heavy chugga riffs:hbang:, and not for shredding or anything close to it. My brother has a 30" scale bass and I can actually play that quite alright, and I want to try something a little bit out of the ordinary

I've heard rumors about Schecter releasing 28" 7-strings this year? True?

well you do know that a longer scale wont really help with sounding "darker" right? If anything it will be much brighter and twangier.

I say this because I use 30" baritones and 28 5/8th" baritones and the 30" (even though its got a humbucker) is wayyyyyy brighter and twangier.

Unrest

Reaction score
well you do know that a longer scale wont really help with sounding "darker" right? If anything it will be much brighter and twangier.

I say this because I use 30" baritones and 28 5/8th" baritones and the 30" (even though its got a humbucker) is wayyyyyy brighter and twangier.

I see. Well it's either a 30" 6/7string or a 28" 6/7 string I am looking for. No less than 28 and not an 8 string.

I think I'm going to order the Hellraiser C-VI. If it turns out that I don't like it, I'll return it and look around for something else then.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Peavey :: Devin Townsend Signature PXD Vicious 7 String Baritone

OLP MM5

olp-mm5-baritone-283359.jpg

EBMM Stiletto Bass

http://www.music-man.com/instruments/guitars/silhouette-bass.html
http://www.peavey.com/products/index.cfm/item/740/118006/DT Vicious

Experimorph

Reaction score
Are you 7 foot tall with huge hands?

I'm 6'4" with fairly large hands and own an Agile Intrepid 830. It's one of the most comfortable necks for chugchug that I've ever played, having played quite a few different kinds ranging from Ibanez to Schecter types. The only issue I have with it is bending whole steps on the high E with a .009. I could definitely see someone wanting a 30 inch scale for chugging.

That said, finding one with seven strings can be difficult if you don't want to go Agile.

donsimon

Reaction score
The steinberger synapse transcale or if you can find a used bc rich 30" bich that was produced around 2005-2006

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I screw around with my Steinberger Demon that's 28 5/8" scale. The only weird thing about those guitars is the gaps in the neck for the capo. SO DUMB! Everything else on the guitar feels great.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
I don't see why shipping would be any problem? :scratch: The Agile guitars (and most other guitars) are shipped around the world anyway, from the factory to the dealers and the to the customer. Just insure it and if something goes bad, you'll get you money back.

I haven't seen any other production 7 and 8-string guitars with 30" scale other than Agile. With exception for the Ibanez Meshuggah signature but that guitar is just as expensive as a custom guitar.

That seems like a non-issue. Why don't you just use a thinner string?

Poff!! :wallbash:

You could get string that hold for it but they are more expensive and harder to get.

')