30" 7-string 2013?

• Thread starter Unrest
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Unrest

Reaction score
So I am looking for a 30" either 6 or 7 string. Agile is not an option as I don't live in the us, and not willing to risk shipping it..

I'm considering the Hellraiser C-VI right now. The only thing that's stopping me is the fact that I'd like it to be a 7-string..

So does anyone know of a 30" 7-string(except agile)? or if we might see one during 2013?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Not sure you can get a 30" 7 string without going custom or Agile, seeing as the only production 30" 7 string I've seen is the Agile Septor 730.

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
It's a bit longer than the "traditional" baritone guitar scales but it's still totally playable if you've got a decent reach with your fingers.

The only production guitar that comes close to matching your criteria is this EBMM: Silhouette Bass

Unrest

Reaction score
This will be used for clean dark sounds and heavy chugga riffs:hbang:, and not for shredding or anything close to it. My brother has a 30" scale bass and I can actually play that quite alright, and I want to try something a little bit out of the ordinary

I've heard rumors about Schecter releasing 28" 7-strings this year? True?

Unrest

Reaction score
Is 28" = 30"? You asked if there was a 30" 7 string coming out in 2013, I simply answered the question you posed.

I know, and then I asked a follow-up question wondering whether we might see a 28" 7-string guitar:squint:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
I know, and then I asked a follow-up question wondering whether we might see a 28" 7-string guitar:squint:

Chances are also no. 27" is the more "typical" baritone scale for 7-strings, so as folks already told you, unless you're looking to go custom, chances are slim-to-none that you'll get a 28" or 30" scale production 7-string.

jwade

Doooooooooom
Reaction score
If you're only playing low chug chug chug stuff, why do you want a 7? Sounds like getting a 6 is more than you need, really.

Reaction score
What's your price range? Acacia and Carvin seem to do fairly cheap custom 7s.

You could also do a Warmoth build/Warmoth neck replacement, I think they do 30" necks.

asmegin_slayer

cali-cornia bluffer
Reaction score
If your lucky to find one, Ernie Ball made the OLP MM5

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_516074.001_black.jpg

')