30 American Virtuosos?

• Thread starter Buzz762
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
+1 on the mighty Schuldiner.

And what about Dimebag Darrell? Shocked nobody mentioned him yet either. Or maybe I'm not paying attention?:scratch:

So yeah, Dimebag.

Meh, Dime was a decent metal guitarist who wrote some groovin' riffs but I don't really think he was a virtuoso.

.2c

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Makelele

Reaction score
Meh, Dime was a decent metal guitarist who wrote some groovin' riffs but I don't really think he was a virtuoso.

.2c

There's a lot of people on his list that I wouldn't call virtuosos. But he also asked for "artists that are rooted in American music scenes.". So I'd say Dime belongs on the list.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
dime isnt a "virtuoso" in his writing for pantera, but he totally had the skill to be labled as that i believe, and that would be a good choice for the project, you dont get as american as dime

DelfinoPie

Whoopsie Daisy!
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't count Tom Morello and Adam Jones as virtuosos. They're interesting and innovative players but there are a heck of a lot better than them.

Just to re-itterate what some people have already said...: Buckethead.

And to add another: Marty Friedman

telecaster90

Smokestack Lightning
Contributor
Reaction score
Jason Becker
Randy Rhoads
Marty Friedman
Chris Broderick

I would maybe include Dimebag, just becuase he's so associated with metal in America, but I don't know if he's a virtuoso in the traditional sense.

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Just to clarify, is this supposed to be a list of virtuosos as most guitarists would define them (i.e. technical wizards), or as the general public would likely define them (i.e. culturally important players or songwriters)?

Latest posts

')