4 builds at once!

luthierjules

luthier/designer
Reaction score
Yep, you heard that right! I've got so much time in hand that I'm planning to build 4 guitars at once!

Three will be acoustic (two sixers and an 8-string) while the other one will be an electric 7-string.

To date, only the first 6-string acoustic is sold. I might grab one of the remaining, but hey, the other ones will be available for any of you guys to own ;)

Here are pictures of my planning book :
IMG_1875.JPG

IMG_1876.JPG

IMG_1877.JPG

I know- when I think on paper I don't limit myself to only one language :p Don't hesitate to ask if you :wallbash: because of my french handwriting :lol:

I'm most curious as to what hardware color you guys think would be most appropriate on the curly maple/black walnut electric guitar! It's definitely the one guitar on which your word will count most throughout it's conception.

I am keeping a couple surprises for the long run with these builds :cool: so check back often!

Cheers, guys!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

luthierjules

luthier/designer
Reaction score
Anyone remembers this acoustic 8-string that I built a couple of months ago for Tosin Abasi? (See the finished work here)

Well, I have to admit that I'm about to make it happen AGAIN :evil:

I'll post pictures of the wood stocks starting tonight!

Hope you guys'll have fun following this!

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
I saw the name of the thread, and just immediately thought "Son, you mad?"

luthierjules

luthier/designer
Reaction score
On a more serious note : I piled the wood I'll use for two of the acoustics, namely the 8-string "arched" acoustic (with specs much like Tosin's, apart from the woods I'll use) and a more traditionnal acoustic sixer.

Both will share the same wood species : Zebrano back and sides, Wenge fretboards, bridges and bindings, along with a spruce top.

First, for the 8 string!

IMG_1878.JPG

It's got a hefty neck, lemme tell ya that!

Aaaaaaand the flat top sixer :

IMG_1874.JPG

It's got a little more wood because... well because I put it all on the table this time XD

That last guitar is going to be for my friend Tony, who's helping me out in the shop to pay for the guitar in question :

IMG_1872.JPG

And we've cut a whole bunch of western red cedar to do aaaallll the braces with :

IMG_1873.JPG

I'll hit you guys up with pics of the woods for the other two guitars when I finally get to work on them... Our planer is currently in maintenance so I'll have to work around that problem for the next week.

Also, you'll get detailed specs for all of these instruments very soon!

See you around, guys!

luthierjules

luthier/designer
Reaction score
Hey guys!

Two of my most precious machines in the shop broke two weeks ago (Not my fault. No seriously, dude, I tell you, 'TIS NOT MY FAULT!!!:lol:) So this means I have to do the work that doesn't require any of those two machines.

Anyways, I've been building faster than ever, so here is my latest work, on the traditionnal flat top that is going to be number nine (number nine, number nine, number nine, number nine...)

So, here is the neck, but it still has a lot of work left to be done!

IMG_1933.JPG

Next, I'm laminating the bindings :

IMG_1936.JPG

Then, I'm gluing a bunch of blocks : the heel blocks, the cutaway junction and the lower body block to hold the sides together :

IMG_1937.JPG

And finally, I used a new template I made to quickly machine the peghead :

Peghead sculpting with a template.jpg

Seriously, this was an in-cre-di-ble time saver!

I can't wait to show you guys the other guitars' woods... You know, Zebrano, Wenge, Quilted maple, Western Red Cedar, Black Walnut... that kind of thing!

Plus, I'm just warming up with this 6-er build... Woooooooooo I write too much!

I'll be Bach soon. :cool:

')