4 String Basses 35' neck?

• Thread starter Dthcore
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dthcore

Reaction score
Im looking to buy a bass eventually. And i am trying to invest on a 4 string with a 35" Inch neck. I Want the 35 Inch neck because i will be tuning it down to G.

Im a fan of Tele looking models or The Schecter diamond P active.

My price range is 600 ish.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
I'd look into get a used Ibanez BTB bass since the have a 35" scale and are great quality for the price. Also you could look into get a Peavey Circus, again used pricing is your friend.

If you want to go for a radial look. The Warwick Vampyre Dark lord (in your case the rockbass addition) is designed from the factory to tune to Low F#

Edit: I own a Ibanez 1406e Premium with custom circle k/ kalium strings to tune down to Drop G# (using a .158 string for the low G#). It sounds fantastic and amazingly clear with the BTB. Especially when you throw a darkglass Bk7 in front of it... but thats a talk for another day haha.

TheEmptyCell

Dingwall Player
Reaction score
Not many to choose from with the traditional look you're after.

Find a Peavey G bass.

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
ESP has a couple of 35" scale 4-string basses. The F-series basses have 35" scales, and I have always thought that the F-4E (and its 5-string counterpart) looked cool. It is also under $600. The F series does not look remotely like a Tele bass, though (Image of F-4E).

The comparatively less pointy Jackson JS2 and Peavey Grind apparently also have 4 strings and 35" scale.

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
Ibby BTB series:yesway:

I have one of the 5 string models and I would say for your price point it hits all the marks!

Dthcore

Reaction score
What if i were to spend That money on a used bass instead? :eek:
AND Thanks for all your input guys :)

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
Seriously used is the way to go. It saves so much for a guitar thats the same quality.... just a little lived in.

Spinedriver

Reaction score
ESP has a couple of 35" scale 4-string basses. The F-series basses have 35" scales, and I have always thought that the F-4E (and its 5-string counterpart) looked cool. It is also under $600. The F series does not look remotely like a Tele bass, though (Image of F-4E).

The comparatively less pointy Jackson JS2 and Peavey Grind apparently also have 4 strings and 35" scale.

I was looking for a 35" bass about a month ago and I was originally looking at the Jackson JS3V but the site says it's 34" where a lot of the stores selling it say it's 35". Sadly my budget was a FIRM $500, so I ended up getting a 34" Yamaha TRBX 305 but absolutely love the tone, so it kind of makes up for the slight lack of tension (my tuning is A-E-A-D-G).

Ricky Roro

Christian
Reaction score
I was looking for a 35" bass about a month ago and I was originally looking at the Jackson JS3V but the site says it's 34" where a lot of the stores selling it say it's 35". Sadly my budget was a FIRM $500, so I ended up getting a 34" Yamaha TRBX 305 but absolutely love the tone, so it kind of makes up for the slight lack of tension (my tuning is A-E-A-D-G).

Ah, good call. I apologize for repeating the incorrect information.

Used is definitely a great option. :yesway:

GenghisCoyne

im here to party
Reaction score
I have a 6 string peavey grind that is really solid, especially for the money. The 4 string version is 35" scale as well.

')