40nps!?

• Thread starter Leec
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Leec

Woopah!
Contributor
Reaction score
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Buaw6O4pow0

This is some guy playing an 8-string, I think he's claiming that he's hitting 40 notes per second. He's certainly very quick, but if you check out the comments, a good few people have isolated parts and slowed it down to reveal he's doing 17 notes per second, and apparently he's quite out of sync (picking more than he's fretting).
Still pretty impressive, though. He's clearly not shit!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
i think when people come up with that notes per second thing, like 30-40, they just divide bpm, or something... "I'm playing, like 400 bpm, for like, ten seconds. thats 40!"

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i keep seeing these guys, its like, if you can play 1,000,000 notes a second, who gives a shit, apperently they cant write a song cuz, if you notice, the videos are all taken in bedrooms and basements, if they could write songs and incorporate that speed, they would be performing somewhere, not lieing about how many note per second they can hit in their moms basement

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
i think when people come up with that notes per second thing, like 30-40, they just divide bpm, or something... "I'm playing, like 400 bpm, for like, ten seconds. thats 40!"

They're all kidding themselves, because a lot of the time they're just tremolo picking as fast as they can whilst wiggling their fingers all over the neck, so their hands aren't actually even vaguely in sync, making all the NPS claims pretty meaningless.

Wiz

Reaction score
i keep seeing these guys, its like, if you can play 1,000,000 notes a second, who gives a shit, apperently they cant write a song cuz, if you notice, the videos are all taken in bedrooms and basements, if they could write songs and incorporate that speed, they would be performing somewhere, not lieing about how many note per second they can hit in their moms basement

I sort of agree there.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
They're all kidding themselves, because a lot of the time they're just tremolo picking as fast as they can whilst wiggling their fingers all over the neck, so their hands aren't actually even vaguely in sync, making all the NPS claims pretty meaningless.

Yeah, they have the the thing where one hand moves faster than the other :lol:

Grom

New found sanity
Reaction score

That means nothing. Many famous players are also doing some clips on their PCs in front of a webcam because it is much more convenient if you want to put it online. Watching him playing sloppily and without a lot of taste could be the only hint of his inability to write good songs. But I clearly remember some stupid, machine-like videos of Marcel Coenen, and he is clearly a tasteful player. Don't judge somebody else so hastily.

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
i'm not judging anyone hastily, if they were doing what they claim to do i wouldnt have said that, but they arnt doing it, of couse i know its easier to record something at home, no shit, but when your lieing about your skills , i think its fair to say what i said

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Man, these guitarists need to put down their guitars for a second and take a math class :lol:

')