44khz to 48khz Sample Rate Change

Nihan Olivier

Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am trying to create sessions with the sample rate of 48khz as that is the sample rate they use at work. I used to use 44khz.

When i try to create a session with 48khz sample rate, i get an error message saying the playback engine does not support a sample rate of 48khz.

How do i change this? How do i open sessions that are then 44khz after I've changed it to 48khz?

I use
pro tools 12
m audio c400 fast track interface
Windows 10

Please help
Urgent

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shnizzle

johnny
Reaction score
did you change the sample rate on the interface? not sure how it is with the m audio and pro tools, but i need to change the sample rate on my scarlett first in the control panel. then i usually don´t have any trouble opening up a session that was recorded at a different sample rate. studio one converts the audio automatically right then and there. worst case scenario you need to export all the tracks to 48kHz first and rebuild the mix in a new project.

Nihan Olivier

Reaction score
I go to the fast track c400 control panel and when i try to change the sample rate the drop down menu is greyed out.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Is that with the session open? Try do it first thing you boot up with no programs open. You might also want to go into Windows sound settings and do it under the advanced tab.

Nihan Olivier

Reaction score
Yes that was the problem. Tried to change it while the session was open.

Stupid problem but thanks so much for the help !

Problem solved

')