$45 for guitar, tutorial on how to relic, 2 days later = Pretty damn cool

• Thread starter ibanezcollector
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
What actually costs money? You could have achieved that with a 6 pack and some sandpaper bro.

Not a six pack. A fifth of Jack. It's a two step process:

1) Give Chris bottle of Jack.
2) Give Chris guitar.

:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Donnie

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The neck is now logo free.. But im having a hard time finding a replacement logo.. LOL
Ever think about making water slide decals? They don't stick out like the vinyl ones. And if you don't have the right printer for it(I use a laser printer), I'm sure you can print them out at a Kinkos or something and still come out ahead on the savings. :yesway:

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer to do it the old fashioned way - by loaning it to Chris. :flame:

I keep telling people that if they want their guitar "relic'd", give to me for six months. It'll look authentic. :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
There are probably all kinds of logos available all over eBay. There are a couple of other places on the 'net that even sell "reproduction" logos. Personally, i think you should do something like this:

fakercaster_logo.png

ibanezcollector

Gear Junkie
Reaction score
ok here is some updates.. I did go a bit overboard but its to late to go back and change it sooo.. I had to try and make it more realistic...

Body: I smoothed down the areas where wood was exposed to make it look more like wear than just chuncks missing. I also took the paint to a flat look in areas of high traffic..

Pickguard: I aged this myself and tryed to keep under the strings cleaner and shiner since that area wont get as affected as the others.. I hate mint guards so I am going to have to try to perfect this more.

Accessories, I did the knobs in a super strong mixture of coffee and tea.. In a gatarade 32oz bottle I put enough coffee grounds to make about 4 pots. I put two bags of tea. Shake and let sit for 24 hrs.. Results are fantastic. I also dont like the look of all the parts being the same color.. So since im a smoker I have been putting my butts, in a seperate gatarade bottle filled with water, this is for the single coil covers. Its turning them a hell of alot faster.

Hardware: Nothing done at this moment

Neck: Took the logo off and tryed my best to make it look old as hell and beat to piss..

And finally I did some copper sheilding

DSC_0001.JPG

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0003.JPG

DSC_0004.JPG

DSC_0005.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

DSC_0009.JPG

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: No shit, I even split it with him. :D

motherfucker did throw up on my $500 memory-foam futon, however :squint:

Hey, I TRIED to make it to your bathroom, but, you see, by that point in the evening, I couldn't walk. :lol:

Memory foam, eh? No wonder I couldn't remember a goddamn thing the next morning. :drew:

Nik

Arrogant asshole
Reaction score
Looking much better :yesway:

I think I'll start by scraping the logo off of mine :lol:

Latest posts

')