45 mm nut ESPs

• Thread starter five_magics
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
Sorry for necrobumping this thread, but does anybody know where replacement locking nut for ESP 7string 45mm might be purchased from? It doesn't have any marking on it, and googling the net haven't brought any results by now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
Your best option is to contact ESP directly. Usually companies will just mail you those little spare parts if you can forward them the serial number of your guitar, or only charge for shipping.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
Your best option is to contact ESP directly. Usually companies will just mail you those little spare parts if you can forward them the serial number of your guitar, or only charge for shipping.
I was pointed to the ordinary online stores where I could find every type of locking nuts for 7string, but not the one for ESP.:spock:
Contacting two distributors in my region haven't brought any positive news either. SO, I decided to ask here again.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
I was pointed to the ordinary online stores where I could find every type of locking nuts for 7string, but not the one for ESP.:spock:
Contacting two distributors in my region haven't brought any positive news either. SO, I decided to ask here again.

Why are you replacing it? If the threads are stripped out, you can take it to a machine shop and have them thread it for slightly bigger bolts.

Otherwise, good luck getting a replacement custom part for an obsolete model. :nuts: ABM has a custom-shop that can probably make you one for a ton of euros.

azyat

吉他之道
Reaction score
Why are you replacing it? If the threads are stripped out, you can take it to a machine shop and have them thread it for slightly bigger bolts.

Otherwise, good luck getting a replacement custom part for an obsolete model. :nuts: ABM has a custom-shop that can probably make you one for a ton of euros.
That's exactly what I'm doing now, after the holidays are over. 5 months wait (ESP distributor told me so) for a new locking nut is too much even to ask the price it would cost after all:nuts:

BearOnGuitar

Reaction score
That's exactly what I'm doing now, after the holidays are over. 5 months wait (ESP distributor told me so) for a new locking nut is too much even to ask the price it would cost after all:nuts:

Long wait times for special or unique parts like these are not uncommon if they're unavailable, since they'd probably custom order the nut for you. Last time I ordered a set of 7 string Gotoh tuners it took about 6-7 months for the first set to be sent out since it had to be custom made, only to go missing during transport, so I had to wait all over again. It took more than a year in total for me to receive them. No big deal for me really.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
Well since ESP sells guitars with these specs it would make sense for them to have some stock. It's not like having 50 nuts in inventory is going to break the bank.

')