5/4 time but the something else is happening over..

• Thread starter METAL123
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jano

Reaction score
lead piano is playing this

Attachments

• 54.png
    54.png
    3.1 KB · Views: 27

METAL123

Reaction score
lead piano is playing this
Thanks but I mean lead part that's played throughout the piece. I can easily tell that part's in 5/4, it's just the part on top which I'm having trouble with.

wankerness

Reaction score
Thanks but I mean lead part that's played throughout the piece. I can easily tell that part's in 5/4, it's just the part on top which I'm having trouble with.

What do you mean "lead"? You mean when the solo starts halfway through? Or you mean the right hand of the "rhythm" part that's doing all the different accent patterns within the arpeggios?

What's the name of the song? I'm assuming it's by Keith Jarrett given the title of the MP3.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
Set up a groove in 5/4, count it in groups of eighth notes (1-2-3 1-2-3 1-2-3-4, for example), emphasise the first of each group of eighth notes, start shifting around the groupings or the size of the groups.

wankerness

Reaction score
I think he's trying to ask if there's any set pattern to the accent changes. Without hearing more of the song I can only say "I don't think so." Which it sounds like the previous post is saying as well.

Latest posts

')