5-50 watt high output amp help!

• Thread starter rob_707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
hey every one, i am currently looking for a new guitar amp with high gain out put. my max range is $600 and im looking for smaller amps like 5-50 watts max.
i currently have a 4x10 mesa lone star cab, but nothing on top!
the sound i am going for is a progressive metal style, so say arcacia strain tone but Periphery's clarity.
i am intrigued by the orange dark terror, but was curious to see if there are more options out there.

cheers
Rob!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Gryphon

Reaction score
I have a DSL15 being shipped my way, I could give you an opinion on that in a couple days.

Axewield31

Reaction score
The DT might be a little fizzy for what you want. I'd look at a Krank Rev Jr. or a Randall Diavlo.

Bevo

Reaction score
A few hundred more gets you a EVH 5153 head, would be worth saving for..

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
If you're looking into the Dark Terror, I'd also consider the Jim Root Terror. I read somewhere that they're similar, but the Jim Root Terror has a Rockerverb tone stack. I just got mine a couple weeks ago and I can't stop playing it. NEEDS a boost though to do what you're talking about. Nails oldschool Acacia Strain tone for sure.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
iv been looking at the jet city amps on youtube and they sound not bad but no one has a review with a Djent style sound yet.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
found a new amp, i ended up getting the bugera 6262 off a guy on kijiji for really cheap, $400 cheap :) and so far i like it, would you guys suggest getting a compressor pedal or maybe an eq pedal at all?

')