5 New Alexi Laiho ESP/E-II/LTD Signatures released

• Thread starter Exit Existence
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Exit Existence

Reaction score
Just announced today. 5 new LTD/E-II/ESP Custom Alexi Laiho signatures will be launching.
They are based on 2 ESP custom shop models he received before he passed.
Hexed version is traditional ESP Laiho specs, and the Ripped version looks like satin finish with jagged pinstripes and the addition of a neck pickup. All have the longer lower horn modified RR shape, like his previous USA market LTD/ESP models (Thanks Jackson)

What do you guys think? Continuing the legacy, or the Cash Grab editions?

alexi 1.PNG

Alexi E-ii.PNG

Alexi 2.PNG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Exit Existence

Reaction score
Do you guys remember when the original LTD Alexi's with the same specs were like $999? I 'memba.
Being a huge bodom fan, these look awesome but I'm not sure I would pay $1549 for an LTD Alexi made in Korea or Indonesia.
Especially when you can get the ESP Edwards Alexi made in Japan models for around the same price (Although I suspect those might dramatically increase in price as well as well)

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Well that price isn’t exclusive to the Alexi’s, all the LTD Signature models have creeped into the $1300-1600 range now. I like some of them, but yeah it makes me want to look at the E-IIs if I’m going to spend that much.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Cash grab. I find it absolutely disgusting to continue a signature line after death, honestly I suppose it's okay if the family makes the dimes(pun semi Intended) afterward, but the thought of a company making even a cent off a dead person's name is fucking gross and should be ashamed of even coming up with the thought of it. You know ESP is making more bucks off this than Alexi's estate is.

runbirdman

Lackawanna County Volunteer Sheriff's Deputy
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with a company with a longstanding relationship continuing to produce signatures if there's a market. I wish they'd do a run with Scythe inlays though. I have more of a problem with brands like Dean that just drag the models through hundreds of graphics. If ESP continues to issue/reissue a model or two a year, I can't see an issue because the Chinese knockoffs are going to continue unabashedly and I'd hate to see the LTD's creep up into the 2k+ range because no newer ones are being released.

T00DEEPBLUE

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Cash grab. I find it absolutely disgusting to continue a signature line after death, honestly I suppose it's okay if the family makes the dimes(pun semi Intended) afterward, but the thought of a company making even a cent off a dead person's name is fucking gross and should be ashamed of even coming up with the thought of it. You know ESP is making more bucks off this than Alexi's estate is.
I'm guessing your disgust extends to EVH and the Gibson Les Paul too?

Mathemagician

Reaction score
That E-II with a full gold hardware swap…. Hnnnnnnng.

Loving the white pinstripes on the LTD though.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
But seriously, in an on topic post, I'll be grabbing the LTD Hexed. Would I have loved to see a tribute Scythe or Wild Child being done post-humously? Yes, since those are his most obvious signatures from the early years. Am I surprised that they memorialized his last two guitars instead? Absolutely not, and it makes perfect sense why.

These were what he was last playing, where he was design wise and had evolved to when it ended, so in ESPs head - why NOT use those?

arasys

needs more RRs
Reaction score
I have mixed emotions about these models, I am excited to see a purple SV with white pinstripes, and also think the Ripped version could use black hardware. Shorter lower horn ESP RVs and SVs look much better.

On the other hand his passing makes it melancholic.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
I have mixed emotions about these models, I am excited to see a purple SV with white pinstripes, and also think the Ripped version could use black hardware. Shorter lower horn ESP RVs and SVs look much better.

On the other hand his passing makes it melancholic.
Nah. If I wanted a shorter horn, I'd get a Jackson.

Latest posts

')