5 String Bass for a girl with small hands

• Thread starter Epyon6
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
^
You have a point.

tumblr_kwkrsqPzfb1qaebmzo1_500.jpg

:fawk:
I have to get me an Epiphone EB-3... Those things are HOT.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yaris

Beaver Sack #2
Reaction score
I don't mean to derail this thread, but are there any ibanez basses with relatively large string spacing or a relatively wide neck? Cause I love Ibanez but I have gigantic hands lol.

AdAstra2025

ss.org Regulator
Reaction score
Cort Curbow 5...It's a bit weird looking, but it is one of the most comfortable basses on the planet. It has an active Bartolini pickup, active EQ, and a fairly slim and comfortable neck.

TheBloodstained

Casual music enthusiast
Reaction score
Last time I tried a Schecter Stiletto Studio I was surprised at how easy it was to play (have small hands myself), so maybe that's worth looking into? it's a 35" scale though :shrug:

Maybe you should bring her to a music store and try some different 5 string basses, and based upon what she likes we'd be able to give a better advice? :shrug:

Remember to either make her post a NBD thread, or do it yourself! :)

Solodini

MORE RESTS!
Reaction score
If she learns to play with her thumb behind the neck the. Most things should be fine. My hands are smaller than most women's (I'm ~5'4") and I cope fine with 6string basses. Have her try Jazz Bass types as I find their necks to be slightly narrower and rounder in radius which seems to make things easier.

')