$500 Agile vs 1.7K Kiesel?

• Thread starter Carl Kolchak
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Strobe

Reaction score
Both will be good enough so as not to tick you off.

From there, you have to ask how likely you are to swap pickups. The agiles will be fine. The Kiesels you will probably not want to swap. There is something to be said for buying something that's right off the shelf. Not everyone enjoys tinkering. Is it worth $1200 to you, minus whatever you would spend on upgrades?

Carl Kolchak

Last of the famous international playboys
Reaction score
Mike gave me the heads up on a near perfect used Prestige. If it's still available in a couple of days I'm going to snag it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xzacx

Reaction score
I’m sure this opinion will get some hate, but neither one of them has much brand prestige IMO, so if the designs appeal to you and you can get something that plays good and sounds how you want it, an Agile and some leftover cash is the more appealing choice to me. For $1.7K, there are a lot of things I’d look at for that price and less before a Kiesel. (Unless it was something particularly unique, like if I HAD to have a headless with certain specs in a certain color, or something.)

noise in my mind

Reaction score
I have owned both guitars (still have the carvin dc7x). I don't think it's worth the price difference. You can find used prestige and used carvin 7 strings all day for under a grand. Go that route. Agiles are good quality if your budget is under $500.

GatherTheArsenal

SF2 > Everything
Reaction score
So far I can't justify paying more than $1500 CAD (max) for a guitar, mainly coming from the perspective of that's the most I've paid and I have been really happy with what I got my hands on. I've played more expensive guitars over the last couple of decades (PRS, Gibson, Fenders), while enjoyable and fantastic in their own rights, the differences I was able to notice weren't enough to pay thousands more. It's not a price thing, it's more the cost benefit principle.

Example: recently picked up an Agile Interceptor Pro in January. $500 USD, near-flawless finish, neck-thru, EMG's, floyd rose (which I recently blocked so tuning stability is now even better than a fixed bridge IMO). By far the best neck I've played in years. Just intonated and restrung, and it plays as good as any guitar.

But since you know Agiles already, I highly recommend playing a Kiesel if you can get your hands on one. Nothing will speak to you with as much clarity as first-hand experience.

:2c:

Glades

Down in the Everglades
Reaction score
People like to shit on Kiesel, but Kiesels are phenomenal instruments. Kiesel and Agile are not even close to being in the same league. It's like comparing an Indo Ibanez with a Fujigen ibanez, or an LTD vs ESP. The difference in fit, finish, playability, and quality is pretty considerable.
To me, in this case the money difference is worth it. A $1500-$2000 kiesel is well worth the money for what you get. $3000+ are a waster of money imo and you can get better for that price

LeviathanKiller

Knee-shooting Archer
Reaction score
Agile
https://www.rondomusic.com/Agile_Epic_727_Flat_Black.html

Kiesel
https://www.kieselguitars.com/guitars-in-stock/139392

Roughly the same specs, but price?

So my questions is this, what am I getting for that extra 1.2K?

It's not a question of money, as I can easily afford the Kiesel at this time, but, I wonder, could I bring that Agile more or less up to the same level of quality as the Kiesel for an additional investment of another $400 or so, or is the Kiesel simply that much better a guitar?

• Better fretwork
    • Agile can be hit or miss on the lower end models like this one.
    • My Agile Septor is completely fine ($380). Didn't like my Agile Legacy as much though ($300).
  • Better hardware and electronics
  • Better finishing
    • Cheaper models and even an Elite/Pro model can have specks in the finish sometimes.
    • I would expect the Kiesel to have less issues but that's not guaranteed.
  • Better quality control
    • More like "there is quality control" since Agile lets you be quality control in return for the cheap prices.
    • Another Kiesel expectation that can't be guaranteed though.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
"500$ Korean guitar Vs. 1700$ USA guitar"
2wg8sy

30394109.jpg

2wg8sy