500$ for the new Ibanez XF350... Worth it?

• Thread starter MamoriNoTenshi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
The title says it all, just want some comments about this awesome axe :hbang:
XF350_RIX.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlindingLight7

Needs moar Gear.....
Reaction score
It's fugly, buy a Xiphos for around the same price. Just my opinion on it, Looks like a guitar made for 13 year old boys that just discovered cannibal corpse and want to be "brutal"

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I quite like that shape - it looks cool-ish (but would be better with a fucking fixed bridge) and is comfortably shaped in the bits where it matters.

That finish is godawful though.

FormerlyVintage

Reaction score
For some reason, that guitar always looks like it's made out of lightweight hard plastic to me :lol:

But seriously, I'm sure it'll play great but it's ugly beyond believe.
Keep in mind I'm not a fan of extreme shapes!

GhostsofAcid

Suiçmez fanboy
Reaction score
I can't stand it, (or really any of the new shapes Ibanez just put out) but i hate most extreme body shapes except for V's. That's personal preference though. Other than that, the switch placement looks a little awkward. Reverse headstock is nice though.

Reaction score
That headstock it's cool imo. And to be honest I can deal with the shape of this ibanez lol, not my style because i preffer a good ESP M but meh. Just saying...

jl-austin

Reaction score
from a guitar point of view, it has some nice features, no inlays (looks super cool imo), reversed head stock, nice position of controls and so on.

It would be better with an edge zero II, or a fixed bridge, but if you like the shape, it seems like a nice guitar.

Devyn Eclipse Nav

Avid Open C Enthusiast, Aspiring Ghibli Wizard
Reaction score
I actually quite like the thing. I played one a few weeks ago, and loved it. The active pickups slayed, and it was so freaking comfortable to play. And the finish looks waaaaaaay better in person. But, the only way to know if a guitar is for you is to try it out. Once you find one, play it.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Looks like the orphan resulting from a BC Rich Draco raping an Ibanez Xiphos.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
That finish is godawful though.

I quite like that finish. Hell, when the opportunity comes for me to get a Xiphos with that finish, I'd grab it quick smart.

It's fugly, buy a Xiphos for around the same price. Just my opinion on it, Looks like a guitar made for 13 year old boys that just discovered cannibal corpse and want to be "brutal"

08.png

07.png

Pictured: 13 year olds, apparently.

Back OT: From what I've heard of the new X models, the active pickups sound surprisingly good for the price Ibanez are offering with the guitar. Much more better than the stock pickups on the lower end Xiphos 300 series. But all that depends on whether you're gonna change the pickups anyway. As for the shape, it's apparently quite an ergonomic and comfy shape to play. As for controls, the layout is similar to an RGD, which can be good depending on your style.

Unfortunately, I don't have any personal experiences as these won't be out in Australia until Feb 2012.

')